23

Rage. Fury. Revenge.

My eyes abruptly sprung agape. The door of my balcony creaked open. I sat up in my bed and grabbed my bo staff, extending it. The wind came through the open door. I walked towards it and opened the blinds. There was no one.

I stepped onto the balcony, looking out. Far away, I saw a shadow of a person on the roofs. They were heading to the school and as far as I remembered, Malia and Stiles might have still been there.

I got into my car and drove towards the school. Once I got there, I parked beside Stiles's jeep. The hood was open. I got out and looked around. I assumed he was leaving, but it needed to be fixed. On the ground, I saw blood. I bent down and touched it.

Donovan.

I walked through the school, following my gut. There was fear all over the school, but I knew I was going the right way when the fear grew stronger.

I heard thuds nearby and headed that way. I got to the school library. I tried opening the door, then remembered the only way in was swiping my library card. I felt for it in my pockets. I didn't remember putting it in my bag or anywhere else besides in my pocket when I left. Luckily, I had it with me.

I opened the door and a wave of fear and anxiety hit me. It was almost like stepping into another world. I saw Stiles standing before Donovan who was impaled by a metal pole.

"Stiles?"

"I - I didn't," he stammered. "He was coming after me."

I walked closer and looked at Donovan. Blood was everywhere, gushing out of his mouth. In his blood, I saw a substance that looked quite similar to mercury. It was the same substance that Tracy had.

"Stiles," I said to him and grabbed his hand. "We have to tell someone. We have to call the police." I stared at him. "Or we can call the police and leave before they get here."

"But... "

"Stiles, we can't just leave him here," I told him. "Tomorrow, someone will find him anyway. Frankly, I'd rather have it be the police than a staff or student."

Stiles went to the phone and dialed 911, but when they picked up, he didn't respond to them. Then, the phone rang. He looked back at Donovan. He took his phone, then ran out of the school.

"Stiles!" I called.

I ran out and he was sitting in his jeep, tapping his fingers on the steering wheels. Just as I opened the door, the police arrived.

"Stiles," I spoke. "What happened? Tell me exactly what happened."

"He came at me," he said quickly. "He came at me."

"Then it was self-defense," I told him. "When it's self-defense, you don't go to jail, right? Stiles- "

"You can't tell anyone," he said. "You can't."

"Stiles... "

He turned the police's radio on.

"Dispatch, I'm 10-97 and there's no one here. It's a 653."

"Roger that. Prank call. Return to your patrol."

After the car moved out of the lot, Stiles went back inside. I heaved a sigh, following him. Never would I have thought I'd be helping my friend with murder - Well, it was self-defense, but still.

I followed him into the library, but once I got there, Donovan wasn't there. The poles were leaning against the shelf and I didn't see any blood.

"This is good," I said, now in Stiles's house. "Right? Sort of?"