1.11

The landing on Geonosis was rough, to say the least. In their hastened attempt to follow the Fetts through space and an astroid field, Loraana's ship had been hit more times than she cares to admit, and it had most definitely not survived the landing. Not even her R6 droid is still in working condition.

Her body aches as they walk through Geonosis, pulsing under the rising sun and with each step she takes. Obi-Wan's worry is overwhelming, filling her senses over and over again, but she tries to keep her mind focused on the Fetts and not her silly feelings that are only hopelessly validated by his concern. She must learn to forbid these feelings from existing as she thought she had many years ago.

It seems working closely with Obi-Wan once again only amplifies the small bit leftover from her childhood crush.

She stays ahead of him as she tries to clear her mind. Her focus should be clear—to find Jengo Fett—yet her mind cannot shift from her companion to the task at hand. Even the gorgeous architecture and walls with intricate designs that would normally make Loraana swoon, do not help her to think clearly. Perhaps she should invest in more meditation sessions with her old master.

Despite her wondering mind, something else claws at her. Something lingering in the air like venom dripping from the walls, slowly burning everything in its path—a darkness covering everything she could possibly hope to see. Even in the sunlit cavern they walk through, nothing truly feels bright.

"It's beautiful," Obi-Wan says from behind her. Loraana does not answer, only pursing her lips. "Nothing to say?"

She shakes her head.

"Are you alright?"

Nodding, Loraana looks up at the looming ceiling in the structure they enter. Each rock has been cut with expert precision, though it may seem half-hazard at first glance. They converge in the center, allowing any shining sun to illuminate specific points in the building like different doorways or structures.

She jumps when Obi-Wan gingerly takes her arm and stops her from walking forward. "What is it?" She asks. "We should keep going."

He frowns. "You're asking me that? What's going on with you?"

Clenching her jaw, Loraana takes a deep breath. "It's unimportant. Just a... a strange feeling, like we're exactly where we shouldn't be." Looking around, a shiver runs down her spine.

Obi-Wan removes his hand, his gaze still locked on her face. The lack of a blush surprised her, yet how can she feel any warmth in a place such as this? With darkness and chaos swimming around, waiting to pounce when she least suspects it?

This time, he leads until clanging metal reaches their ears. Both look over a balcony, and Loraana's jaw almost drops. Hundreds if not thousands of droids move before her, machinery whirling around to make more and more. Though not as many as the clone army, the droids are just as unsettling to Loraana.