3.03

Alora is never touching another lightsaber again. All that pain and rage it had brought forth in her—all the suppressed memories of just how dangerous a lightsaber can be...No. A weapon like that is better off buried with the Jedi.

She has avoided everyone that was in that room like the plague except for her princess. As always, Leia brings out the happier side of Alora, easing her through the mounting workload that only grows with each hour. Being around Leia, even just being in the same room, is intoxicating just as it always has been, except now, Alora feels an unimaginable sense of gratitude.

If Leia had not tossed her those lightsabers in the ring... Alora does not want to think of what could have happened.

Alora isn't one to apologize, but she had to Leia. Profusely. The princess insisted it wasn't necessary, but to Alora, it was. She failed as a teacher and a general with training Luke. She can't even bear to step foot into the same room as him anymore let alone spar with him again. Not when she knows he could try some insane bullshit again, and she could freeze just as she did before.

With the day coming to a close, Alora has yet to leave the command center, not even for a meal though she doubts anyone has noticed. C-3PO was kind enough to bring her some packaged fruit a few hours prior, but she hasn't stopped once all day.

She can feel him walk in as she and Leia peer over a tech's shoulder to look at the radar. Sending the princess a look, Alora chooses to meet him halfway through the room, allowing Leia to listen in but also acting as a barrier between the two. "Solo?" She crosses her arms and narrows her eyes. "Report?"

Han purses his lips as he glances behind her at Leia. "No signs of life out there, High General. The sensors are in place. You'll know if anything comes around."

"Good."

Quirking a brow, Han's jaw relaxes as he manages a smirk. "And not that you asked, but the kid's checking out a meteorite that hit near him."

She chooses to ignore the mention of he who must not be named who tried to kill her. "With so many meteorites smashing onto the planet, it's going to be difficult to spot any enemy ships." Though she lowers her voice and mostly speaks to herself, she is sure Han hears her.

They stand in silence for a moment, Han's gaze constantly darting back. "Look, High General, I've gotta leave. I can't stay anymore."

Her expression softens. "I'm sorry to hear that."

"Well, there's a price on my head. If I don't pay off Jabba the Hutt, I'm a dead man."

"Looking over your shoulder is not an easy way to live." Alora should know. All her life, she has had to hide away where no one can find her. "As hard as it is for me to admit it, you're a good fighter, Han. It's a real loss for the Rebellion. Let me know if you ever need a hand. Legally, of course."