3.18

Two lightsabers hang from Alora's belt as she steps into the war room. Pilots and soldiers alike fill the space, all talking nervously or excitedly to those around them, even higher-ranking officials. She nods up to where Admiral Ackbar stands as she approaches the holo-table in front of her, running her fingers along the edge.

A comforting hand grips her shoulder. A smile tugs at Alora's lips as she turns to Leia, saying, "Ready, princess?"

Leia shrugs. "I wasn't bedridden only a few hours ago. I'm sure the others can handle the meeting."

"No," Alora shakes her head as she looks around. "I'm their High General, and it's my plan we're presenting. I need to be the one leading this thing."

Leia nods as a voice draws her attention. Both women glance over at Lando who slowly approaches, baring his palms defensively when he sees Alora's hand resting on the hilt of her saber. Leia clicks her tongue but moves away to Han who has taken his seat.

"Lando," Alora says, crossing her arms.

"How are you holding up?" He asks.

"I'm fine."

"You were pretty hurt—"

"Do you want something?"

Lando purses his lips. "I wanted to make sure you were ok."

"You're not forgiven, you know," Alora scoffs. "If this is your way of trying to seduce me again, I have no interest."

"Is it so hard to accept that I am trying to be your friend before we both go off to almost certain death?"

Narrowing her eyes, Alora steps forward, her nose almost brushing his. "Make it back alive, and I'll consider calling you friend. You did, after all, help save us from Jabba's hell-scape."

"It's the least I could do after I got you all in that mess in the first place."

She sighs with a small nod. "Duh. Now, sit down, I have a meeting to run."

Lando chuckles to himself as if the conversation was a victory while Mon Mothma signals for the room's attention. Alora makes her way to the woman's side and clasps her hands in front of her as the room falls silent. "The Emperor has made a critical error and the time for our attack has come," Mon Mothma says, her voice carrying despite its softness. The holo-table opens to reveal a projection of the Empire's newest Death Star. "The data brought to us by Bothan spies pinpoints the exact location of the Emperor's new battle station. We also know that the weapon systems of this Death Star are not yet operational."

"With the Imperial Fleet spread throughout the galaxy in a useless effort to engage us," Alora says, "they've left their star weapon relatively unprotected. Most importantly, we've learned that the Emperor himself is personally overseeing the final stages of construction aboard the Death Star."