2.01

In the few months Loraana has spent back on Coruscant, things have been...good. Though the war still rages and the Jedi continue their efforts to stop the Sith, Loraana has been on-world until further notice, even after a rocky interrogation from the council. She suspects they may not trust her enough with a command ship, but it does not bother her; in fact, staying on-world is exactly what she wants.

Loraana never thought herself lucky. Taken from her family at a young age to train alongside a brother who did not have time to help her, ostracized by many of her classmates because of how easy working with the Force was, unable to control her own flaming heart no matter how hard she tried. Life had thrown everything at her, but she had persevered.

She and Padmé had argued for so long on the best course of action—whether to move back to Naboo, or whether to tell someone else about their small secret. Ultimately, neither one could leave Coruscant, but Padmé refused to allow Loraana to fall away from the Jedi Order.

Somehow, Loraana had convinced the council that she would be a beneficial liaison between the Senate and the council. Specifically, she has been working closely with Padmé due to their complicated and intertwined past. Sometimes, she works alongside Senator Organa in the absence of his right hand while Lorn is away on his extended honeymoon. Rarely does she ever work with others as most senators, while grateful for the Jedi, would absolutely hate it if a Jedi just waltzed in and intervened in their affairs.

But Loraana likes it this way. It gives her time to slip away from the temple, from any prying eyes, to stay in one of Padmé's apartments early each morning and late each night. She savors every moment of peace with her child, usually sitting by a chair gifted to Padmé during her tenure as queen and staring out into the ecumenopolis at the speeding ships and the dancing lights against the bleeding skyline.

The girl grows more and more each day. It warms Loraana's heart to watch her, to cradle her in her arms and whisper stories of her days exploring the galaxy alongside her best friend. Though, she never refers to him as simply her friend. Her daughter should know the wonders her father has accomplished, the people he has saved.

Loraana has not seen Obi-Wan since her assignment to Coruscant. She knows he is rarely on-world anymore, but she hears whispers of his military prowess alongside Anakin Skywalker. Sometimes, she can feel him across the city; those days, she holds her daughter closer and eyes the newly-fixed communicator she had made so long ago. What hurts the most is when she just misses him, watching his ship fly away from the hangar she had sprinted to just a moment too late.

She always thinks of him, except when working with other Jedi. His face seems to follow her around like a ghost, peering at her from her reflection as she goes about her daily tasks, ushering Padmé from meeting to meeting. She can feel his presence beside her, even as she takes the elevator up to Padmé's personal apartments as if he were simply beside her and not galaxies away.