2.15

As the group lands on Yavin IV, they all make it to the military hangar in one piece, thanks to Alora's management. The hangar, full of fighters and pilots alike, makes the tension Alora feels with the lightsabers attached to her belt lessen considerably, though she still feels the weight of the metal hilts clinging to her body.

"Commander Willard," Alora calls out when she sees the man talking with a soldier.

The man looks up and smiles, rushing over to hug Leia and Alora. "You're safe! We had feared the worst. When we heard about Alderaan, we were afraid that you were lost along with your fathers."

"We don't have time for our sorrows," Leia replies, though her lips form a tight line.

"Commander, the battle station has surely tracked us here," Alora explains, glancing back at Han who looks around in disgust with Luke and Chewie by his side. "It's the only explanation for the ease of our escape. We have to use the information the princess stored in this R2 unit to plan the attack. It's our only hope."

Everyone thankfully moves very quickly—quickly enough for Alora to successfully avoid Luke and Han and any potential questions they may have after Obi-Wan's gift (more like his curse).

The next time they are all in the same room is when her old mentor Dodonna is giving the briefing. Alora stands upfront with him while Leia stands off to the side. Luke sits in the crowd of fighters, fully integrated into the group of soldiers like he has always meant to be there. Alora catches sight of Han and Chewie by the back, which does not surprise her.

"The battle station is heavily shielded and carries a firepower greater than half the star fleet," Dodonna explains as the schematics pop onto the screen. "Its defenses are designed around a direct large-scale assault. A small one-man fighter should be able to penetrate the outer defense."

"Pardon my asking, sir," Alora looks over to see the leader of the Gold unit beside Leia pointing to the schematics. "What good are snub fighters going to be against that?"

"Well, the Empire doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia and High General Naftiri has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station. High General."

Alora nods as she steps up to Dodonna and motions to the screen. "The approach will not be easy. You will need to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port right below the main port. It leads directly to the reactor system, so a precise hit will start a chain reaction which will destroy the station."

Murmurs spread through the room. Alora doesn't blame them; it's a terrifying thought.

"The shaft is ray-shielded," Alora explains. "You'll use proton torpedoes. All of your units are already set up, your ships ready, and droid units prepared. This is what we have been fighting for, so this space station can never destroy another planet like it did Alderaan." Alora chances a look at Leia. "Princess Leia and I will be on the ground, updating you with information from the scanners should any trouble arise. Any questions?"