3.20

Why does Alora have to always be such a hero? Something itches in the back of Leia's mind as she and Luke trudge back to Han and the rest of the Rebels. By now, they should have seen Alora, surely. She is talented enough to take care of one stormtrooper and get back. Leia can't wait to tell her how she piloted that lousy speeder like a trained pilot.

As she and Luke jog into the clearing, Leia instantly spots Han and Chewie by a large tree, both creeping out. The moment they meet her gaze, Han breaks into a smile and jumps out from hiding, shouting, "Luke! Leia!"

Han's arms wrap around Leia instantly, and something in her melts. Despite that warmth, she pulls back and asks, "Where's Alora?"

"What? She went with you," Han replies, furrowing his brow as he looks around.

"We got separated," Luke says as he glances around the clearing. "We'd better find her before the Empire does."

Han nods and motions to his strike team. "Take the squad ahead. We'll meet at the shield generator at 0300."

"Come on, R2, we'll need your scanners."

As they begin to moves in the direction they came, something tightens around Leia's heart. Why hadn't Alora beaten them back? Her High General is the only family she has left, and if something happened to her...Leia would be alone. Sure, she has Han, Chewie, and Luke, but none of them are like Alora. None offer her the same constant safety and loyalty.

Perhaps, Leia has come to rely on Alora too much.

It feels like too long before Leia finds something. The boys are only a few steps away, but something dark catches her eye; Alora's helmet lies abandoned on the moss-covered ground. Leia slowly picks it up, noting the dark bloodstains near the cloth edges and running a finger over it.

"Leia!" She follows Luke's voice to see the boys looking down at a destroyed speeder.

With a sigh, she says, "There are two more wrecked speeders back there. And I found this." She cradles the helmet in her hands, almost refusing to give it to them. Luke eyes her closely as she takes a deep breath.

"I'm afraid R2's sensors can find no trace of High General Naftiri," C-3PO says.

"I hope she's alright," Han says quietly. Chewie growls as he begins pushing through the foliage. "Chewie? What? Chewie! Look, I know you're worried, but slow down!"

They race after the Wookiee who stops before a skewered hunk of meat just waiting in the forest. "I don't get it," Han says. "It's just a dead animal, Chewie."

As Chewie reaches forward, Luke shouts, "Chewie, wait! Don't!"

Leia screams as rope scoops them all into the air, flesh and droid metal pressed against her uncomfortably. As Han berates Chewie, Leia struggles to get into a more comfortable position that won't snap her bones with a simple shift of her weight.