1.19

Lorn Naftiri stands alone in front of the mirror as he adjusts his traditional ceremonial suit. He'd been lucky enough to have Bail offer to plan and pay for the wedding, but that also meant letting his best friend choose the attire. Lorn loves Bail like a brother, but the man lacks style.

As he stares at himself in the mirror, he can't help but think of the situation on Coruscant. He made a promise to Aristeia that he would leave the situation alone for his wedding, especially since there is nothing left for him to do: all of his information has been turned over to a select team chosen by the chancellor himself. Lorn has done his duty.

Now, he has a duty to his wife-to-be. To remain present for her, to serve her, to remain hers till time runs out. He never thought he could love someone so much, and yet he does.

A small knock pulls him from his thoughts. As he turns, he hears the door to his apartment open followed by slow, practiced steps he could never forget. Steeling his expression, Lorn crosses his arms as Loraana Windu walks in, her gaze level with his. "Loraana," he greets.

"Lorn." At first, he cannot read her expression. But then, she grins. "My baby brother, all grown up."

"I am not a baby."

"Getting married!"

"I am taller than you! We're twins!"

"So in love." The words seem to burn her but she continues as she pinches his cheeks. "Oh, to think I could have missed this day."

Lorn's heart tears in two as her smile fades. Instead of mentioning the change, he wraps his arms around her tightly. "It has been a rough couple of months," he whispers in her ear before kissing her cheek. "I thought you were under Padmé's protection."

"I am," she shrugs. "Senator Amidala thought it would be an utter disaster if I missed this. Afterward, I'm headed back to Coruscant while you, brother, will have a honeymoon to end all honeymoons." She wiggles her brows.

He purses his lips. "You spoke with Aristeia."

"Of course I did! I'm not a monster." Loraana throws her hands up in the air. "It's been so long since I've seen either of you." She plops down onto a cushioned couch and plucks a grape from the bowl on the table. "Padmé and I have a bet. I think you might pass out. She thinks you'll cry. Aristeia is absolutely beautiful."

"I might do both," Lorn sighs as he sits beside her, running his gaze down her form. He hadn't seen her since before the battle of Geonosis. Since then, her face had filled out, though he suspects it is new due to Padmé's care. She hides most of her body beneath her Jedi robes which he has never liked, but he can tell she is getting the care she needs. "How are you, Aana?"

She shrugs, but her shoulders tense. "Healed, I think. These past few months are a blur. I'm worried the council may see me as a threat without clear memories, but it is all I can give them."