𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Balance brings peace.

It has always been the case. When one is balanced between good and bad, light and dark, one can truly find peace within themselves. Without one side of the scale, the other cannot exist. Pure light is blinding; pure darkness is consuming.

She almost couldn't believe it when she felt the Force shift away from darkness and chaos and power in its purest form and towards light and balance and tranquility. It was a weight lifted from her shoulders, a relief in spiritual form.

Though she always believed the Chosen One would finally choose correctly, it did not make his choice any less monumental.

From all of his pain, suffering, and hatred, Anakin Skywalker had chosen balance over power. The Chosen One had saved the galaxy, just as she always believed he would. He found balance. He found peace. And he found rest.

Fire flickers up to the skies as she watches the victors celebrate. Happiness in its purest form always brought tears to her eyes, and now is no different. She can see her best friend's daughter and her own laughing and smiling together through all of their pain and survival as if it was all worth it.

Familiarity clings to her corporeal bones as the Force embraces her tightly. She can see the others, but she doubts they see her, especially since none of them face her way. It brings a smile to her face to see them again the way she remembered before all the war and age.

As she watches the only living Jedi Master she knows of enters the crowded platform to embrace his friends, she debates alerting her old friends of her presence. Without making a decision, she simply watches her daughter—her happy, safe, compassionate daughter, even after her expression falls and she pulls herself away from the party to envelop herself in the stars above and her familiar darkness.

As the boy himself watches her leave, his eyes fall on her. More accurately, his gaze falls on the three Jedi standing before her, but she knows he sees her. A small smile spreads across his lips before his sister tugs him back into the blessed chaos of the party.

Master Yoda turns away first. He pauses when he sees her, his expression unchanged except for a small twitch of his ear. Taking a deep breath, she reigns in her anger and despair at the old creature's mistakes and nods, allowing him to wander off behind her to find his Padawan. To find her daughter.

Neither of the other two Jedi turn back or even seem to notice Yoda's absence.