3.07

Training to be a Jedi is almost as difficult as keeping up with Alora. Yoda keeps him occupied all day, lifting objects and placing them down, running through the forests, and all kinds of strange exercises. But, even when Luke just wants to rest, he knows he cannot afford to waste what little time they have.

"Concentrate," Yoda says. Luke's arms shake by his head as he lifts containers, rocks, even R2. "Feel the Force flow. Yes. Good. Calm, yes. Through the Force, things you will see."

He stares straightforward, the trees shrouded in shadow. Sounds he can't quite make out echo in his mind as the darkness shifts as if someone were running through the woods.

"Other places. The future. The past. Old friends long gone."

As Luke closes his eyes, all he sees is danger. Nothing is visible, hidden behind the clouds, yet he knows. Not him, but for others. Han shouting, Leia crying, Alora screaming. "Han? Leia? Alora!" He tumbles to the dirt, everything falling around him even as those terrible sounds echo in his ears.

"Control," Yoda says. "Control, you must learn."

"I saw...I saw a city in the clouds," Luke pants.

"Friends you have there."

"They were in pain."

Yoda nods, though he seems unconcerned. "It is the future you see."

"Future?" Luke asks as he stands. "Will they die?"

Bowing his head, Yoda sighs. "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

"I've got to go to them—"

"Decide you must how to serve them best," Yoda says. "If you leave now, help them you could, but you would destroy all for which they have fought and suffered."

Only now does he see why Alora might hate this creature. Alora puts others before herself, never missing the chance to fight for the people she cares about even if it may end in disaster. Yoda weighs the options, thinking almost too much before acting. It would drive Alora crazy.

Luke walks through the woods, trying not to think about what he saw. It wasn't just pain, but death too. His friends could die horribly, and he has the chance to help, but would it really be best for everyone?

Warmth spreads over him as he reaches a clearing where the shadows converge in the center. Like a hurricane, it bursts into the sky, losing itself in the trees above with a figure sitting in the eye of the storm—a little girl with a pebble floating in her palm.

The shadows disappear when the girl looks up. The pebble drops to the ground, and she races away. "Wait!" Luke calls out, chasing her through the roots and trees. "Wait! I—I don't want to hurt you!"