3.22

The war is finally over.

As Alora looks around at the flames and the dancing Ewoks, she can't help but feel a sense of peace wash over her ashen skin. Somehow, she just knew Luke had succeeded even without his explicit message only a few hours ago that the Empire was defeated. While a piece of her is utterly relieved, another part can't help but watch the dancers closely, waiting for something to go awry.

Soon enough, even she begins to sway to the tune of the flames, her hair flowing down her back freely for the first time in years. It simply feels like freedom. Freedom from the Empire, the war, everything. The world finally feels peaceful.

Unable to control herself, Alora hugs each friendly face that passes, sharing a laugh with pilots and fighters as she nods along to the steady beat echoing through the air as Ewoks use severed stormtrooper helmets as drums.

Through the crowd, she finally sees a more familiar face who races over to her, throwing his arms around her. "You're a sight for sore eyes, High General," Lando smirks as he runs his eyes down her face.

"Haha." She rolls her eyes. Though charismatic, the businessman has lost his charm for her. "Have you seen Han yet?"

A harsh shove sends her to the side as Han Solo barrels into Lando's embrace with a loud laugh. "Hey!" She exclaims though she feels no animosity.

"Can it, General," he replies. "He's mine."

Shaking her head, Alora glances around. Wherever Han is, her princess isn't far behind. In fact, she finds Leia a few steps away, Alora's heart beating faster as Leia smiles, embracing her. "Can you believe it?" Leia asks. "After all these years, it's all over."

Alora wraps her arm around Leia's waist, allowing the girl to rest her head on Alora's shoulder. "I wish they'd been here to see it," she says as she glances into the flames. "They would be proud of you."

Everyone they've lost. From Obi-Wan to Bail. Hell, even Lorn. She wishes they could have seen this: freedom after so much death and suffering.

"Proud of us," Leia replies with a dazzling smile. "We have a lot of work to do, but we'll do it together."

"Always."

A calming wave washes over her with each flicker of the growing flames before them. Her skin relaxes as she sinks into Leia just a bit more than she would normally. They deserve this win—to finally taste what freedom is. They finally won.

Letting her gaze wander, Alora grins tenfold as she launches herself at the approaching man covered in black clothing. Luke hugs her back with a restrained laugh echoing in her ear before he hugs Leia and Han.

As the couple takes a few steps away, Alora hangs back with Luke. "Did you do what you needed?"

With a nod, he says, "Don't worry about it. So, High General, how does it feel?"