3.06

Alora has to admit: sometimes, Han is quite smart as a pilot. Attaching the Falcon to the side of an Imperial destroyer is risky, but it does provide them time to reevaluate with their broken hyperdrive generator. All five of them remain in the cockpit, watching the fleet float around space aimlessly.

"Captain Solo, this time you have gone too far," C-3PO warns. Chewie roars a response, but C-3PO says, "No, I will not be quiet, Chewbacca. Why doesn't anyone listen to me?"

"Fleet's breaking up," Alora says, pointing forward as the destroyers start to separate.

Han nods as he looks at Chewie. "Go back and stand by the manual release for the landing claw."

As Chewie barks and moves to follow Han's order, C-3PO says, "I really don't see how that is going to help. Surrender is a perfectly acceptable alternative in extreme conditions. The Empire may be gracious enough—" Alora reaches over and switches off the drop.

"Thank you," Han sighs.

"Surrender is not a perfectly acceptable alternative," Alora mutters, rolling her eyes as Leia slips into Chewie's empty seat. "Sometimes, this droid..."

"What do you have in mind for your next move?" Leia asks.

"Well, if they follow standard Imperial procedure, they'll dump their garbage before they go to light-speed," Han explains. "then we just float away."

Alora nods. "With the rest of the garbage, naturally. Then what?"

"Then we've gotta find a safe port somewhere around here. Got any ideas?"

Alora leans forward as Han scans the system. "Anoat system?" She whispers, shaking her head. "Not much there, to be honest. At least, not places friendly to the Rebellion."

"No, well, wait." Han bites his lip. "This is interesting. Lando."

"Lando system?" Leia asks.

"Lando's not a system. He's a man. Lando Calrissian. He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him."

"Thanks." Leia rolls her eyes.

"Bespin. It's pretty far, but I think we can make it."

Alora leans forward a bit more, squinting at the small screen. "It's a mining colony?"

"Yeah," Han says. "A Tibanna gas mine. Lando conned somebody out of it. We go back a long way, Lando and me."

"Do you trust him?"

"No. But he has no love for the Empire, I can tell you that much." Alora purses her lips as the ship shifts beneath their feet. "Here we go, Chewie. Stand by. Detach!"