3.19

Sweat sticks to her brow as Alora moves along the forest floor of the planet. The forest moon of Endor is absolutely gorgeous—much better than Hoth could ever hope to be—with trees as tall as can be and bird songs echoing through the air. Though humid, Alora would much rather be here than somewhere like Tatooine.

She walks at the front of the Rebel group with camouflage adorning her body, her hair tucked into her helmet. Foliage crunches beneath her boots, but it is nothing compared to the group she leads. In the future, she'll have to propose survival training for new recruits.

She holds up her hand as a shiver runs down her back. Knowing Han can handle the rest, she crouches down and crawls to the edge of a small hill, her face obscured by foliage from the two stormtroopers below.

After a moment, Leia appears beside her, Han on the princess' other side. Luke is last to join them on his elbows, squeezing in on Alora's left as she watches the two stormtroopers closely.

"Shall we try to go around?" Leia asks.

"It'll take time," Alora replies with a shake of her head. "If we're seen now, all of this was for nothing."

Han raises his head. "Chewie and I will take care of this. You stay here."

"Quietly," Luke says quickly. "There might be more of them out there."

"Hey," Han grins. "It's me."

"Which is exactly why we need to say something!" Alora snaps, but he is already climbing down with Chewie. "He better not screw this up."

Alora narrows her eyes as Han and Chewie position themselves behind a few trees. After a moment, Han creeps out with his blaster at the ready, but a loud snap echoes through the clearing.

Cursing under her breath, Alora leaps to her feet and races after them, even as one of the stormtroopers backhands Han to oblivion, Han's blaster shooting into the air. By the time she gets down to their level, Chewie shoots the rogue stormtrooper off of his speeder before he can get far.

"Alora!" Leia's voice rings through the air. "Two more of them!"

Without thinking, Alora leaps onto the last speeder, quickly taking stock of the controls. Leia climbs on behind her as Luke shouts, "Alora, Leia, wait!"

At the last moment, she feels the speeder dip under Luke's weight before she shoots forward, a hand atop Leia's grip on her waist to keep her princess close.

"Quick, jam their com link," Luke says. "Center switch."

"Already done!" Alora yells back as they duck beneath a fallen tree.

"Move closer!"

"If you wanna drive, be my fucking guest, Skywalker," Alora snaps, though she does speed up. Something about being so close to the ground makes her feel better than a completely aerial chase.