6 | Control

Arabella's POV:

As I stood in front of the full-length mirror, admiring myself in the beige corset top and black leather pants, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of nervousness. It wasn't just the outfit, which was slightly out of my comfort zone, but also Mateo.

What if Madison says a stupid comment and he doesn't defend me. I don't know if I can be more patient with him. It's not hard to stand up for someone, and what if he can't do that. He promised he'll try to be more nicer, but I don't think he remembers from last night.

Just as I'm about to head out, Mateo strides in, a scowl etched onto his ruggedly handsome face. "You're not wearing that, are you?" he snarls, his eyes raking over my outfit with disdain. It wasn't even an ugly outfit.

I gulp, feeling a knot form in my stomach. He senses the discomfort and his eyes soften a little. Yet it was still piercing. Feeling his intense gaze on me, I slowly look up at him, holding my breath. He seems to calm down a little, but still glares at me with a hint of annoyance.

"Fine," he grunts, "let's go."

I follow him out of the house, feeling his tense energy radiate from him like a palpable force. He opens the door for me, but doesn't bother linking arms with me this time. I can tell he's still in a bad mood, and I don't want to push him further. 

Was my outfit that bad?

As we walk to the car, I try to make small talk, but Mateo remains silent, his jaw clenched tight. Once we're in the car, he drives faster than usual, taking sharp turns and ignoring the speed limit.

The wind whips through my hair as he rolls down the window slightly, and I can't help but feel a little exhilarated by the speed. But I'm also on edge, knowing that Mateo's temper can flare up at any moment.

I want to tell him to slow down or be more careful during the turn, but I doubt he'll listen.

I keep my eyes focused straight ahead, trying to avoid any possible triggers that might set him off. Despite my efforts, I can feel his intense gaze on me, as if he's waiting for me to do something wrong.

The tension in the car is suffocating, and I can't wait to get out of it. The same warehouse from yesterday is where he parked the car towards. Getting out, besides the wind the sound of my heels clicking against the hard concert was only heard.

The closer we got, he came closer by my side. Linking our arms together he opened the warehouse double doors revealing the same open space as last time, only now with more people.

Their gaze flickered on mine as some of them smirked disgustingly while others stared in shock.

Again he introduced me to the people, there were a few more of them than yesterday. Madison smirked starting to walk up to us, but Mateo held my hand and lend me in the direction of his office.

She stopped in her tracks, noticing what had just happened and stepped back in shock. She groaned and stomped furiously back to the chair she sat in not too long ago.

He walked into his office and the same funny man as last time sat in one of the lounge chairs with another attractive individual.

Legs crossed, staring intensely at the gun in his hands. Taking in every detail of the plain black gun.

Dirty blond hair, dressed in a dress shirt but was covered with a navy blue sweater, so only the white collar could be seen. Beige pants putting the outfit together, giving him a very subtle look.

"I told you!" Diyore jumped up from his seat pointing at me, with a stupid grin plastered on his face.

The other man's head shot up and looked at me and then proceeded to do the same with Mateo.