25 | New York

1 Year Later

Arabella's POV:

"And that's it for today." I watch as the men and women pack all their things, nodding as they head out.

"I have to say, I think you've made yet another deal." I smile shaking hands with one of my business partner.

"Thank you Mr. Carson." He's about 25, a little older than me. He's got light stumble over his face, and dirty blonde hair.

"Me and some co-workers we're gonna go get some lunch. Care to join?"

" I would love to, but I have another meeting in a little bit." He picks his suitcase off the glass conference counter.

"You work too hard Ms. Diaz." We both walk closer to the door, continuing the conversation.

"Well it's what you've got to do." I smile opening the door for him.

"Until next time." I say, closing the door behind me, as me and Chris part ways. My heels click through my building, heading to my main office.

A lot has changed since I left Italy. I moved to New York with the little money, I had stolen from Mateo. I started from the ground, but thankfully I found Chris who helped me through it all.

I was able to create such an empire, starting a business for myself.

I feel so accomplished for being able to do something for myself. Not having to depend on someone else to live my life.

I walk into my beautiful New York City view office. It's the most gorgeous thing I could ever look at. Sometimes I'll purposely stay up at night, just to watch the whole city turn completely into lights.

I ring my secretary Lila, having her answer almost immediately.

"Hello Ms. Diaz."

"Hi Lila, what time is my meeting with the Parker's today?"

"In less than 10 minutes. I've gotten conference room 12 all ready for it." I smile hearing her speak.

"Perfect. Thank you." I hang the phone up, turning around and admiring the view. I bought this building a couple months ago, and it's been better than ever.

I look over a couple buildings down, seeing my name written in bold letters, on those electric billboards.

I smile at my success, getting into my seat crossing one leg over the other. I wore a simple turtle neck, black dress. With the red bottom black heels.

My office phone buzzes, announcing I should get ready and head towards the conference room.

You never know hard work, until you're actually doing it.

Not a single day has been easy since I left Italy. Some more than others. I'm lucky to have gotten so far, in such short time.

I lock my office doors, heading to floor 27, and to conference room number 12. I exit the elevator, seeing the mirrors high ceilings.

Those little things that remind me of him.

I hate myself for even remembering him in the slightest, even after what he did to me. I've barely recovered from the heartbreak and I don't think I'll ever fully be over it.