41 | Surprise

Arabella's POV:

"Mateo just show me already." His hand covered my face and he lead me down the stairs. He kept telling me to get out of bed because he had a surprise for me. And now that I'm finally out of bed a half an hour later, he's stalling.

"Wanna make it down the stairs first."

"Just carry me, I wanna see." He scooped me into his arm and within a minute I was placed on the ground again but under carpet. We're in the living room. His hand uncovers my face and I see luggage.

"Thank you?" I don't mean to be ungrateful but why? He smacks my ass and laughs. "Ow, that's not a very nice surprise."

"Open the luggage genius." His hand rest right above the curve of my butt but knowing him, that hand will make his way further down. So I quickly push it away.

"How was I supposed to know that?" I step towards the suitcase dropping to my knees to reach for the zipper and start opening it. Inside is an envelope. I reach inside and start opening the envelope. I slightly look back and see Mateo patiently waiting for my reaction.

I laugh reading the content on the letter but then my eyes start widening. Two first class tickets to Paris! I always told him how I've never been first class before. I shriek getting off my knees and jumping on top of him. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! I'm going to Paris!?" He chuckles wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me even closer.

"We're going to Paris." He corrects. I try to not say what I say, but I couldn't help it.

"Who said I'm taking you with me?" I show that the two tickets are with me and not him. I try to get out of his grasp to make my lie seem slightly more believable. But he tightens his arms around me.

"Who would you take then?"

"Uhm, maybe I'll go with-."

"I'm going with you, or you're not going at all. Sound good, perfect." He kisses my lips without letting me respond. But I pull away from him.

"When are we going?"

"Tomorrow."

"What?! Why so soon."

"I had these tickets for a while and I meant to surprise you sooner. I got an email a couple days ago saying that my flight was soon and I figured right now was a good time. Unless it's not."

"No no, it's perfect. Thank you. I'm so excited." I wrap around him again resting my head on his chest. He smells so good. "You smell so good."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah." Feeling warmth spread through my cheeks so I keep my face down away from him. I can't believe he can still make me blush after all this time of being together. And of course he could just tell whenever I blush, because he grabbed my face and forced me to look at him.

"God, that fucking blush." He chuckles giving both my cheeks a kiss. I managed to get out of his grasp and put some distances. If I stay in his arms any longer, I won't want to be able to leave. "You buy a girl tickets to Paris, and she won't even give you a kiss. Or let you hold her."

"If I stay for even a second longer, I won't be able to pack. But I'll give you a kiss." He nods stepping closer to me. His lips touch mine and I just close my eyes feelings him. I grab his hands that are touching my face and try my best to catch up to his speed, but it was honestly useless because his hand dropped from my face then towards my neck. His large hand held tightly onto my neck as I began taking steps back.

But he walked with me, stepping whenever I did to get away from him. I managed to get even closer to him when I was backed up into the couch. I scratch his hand on my throat trying to get him to let go. My eyes open wide waiting for him to let go of me.