39 | Engraved

Arabella's POV : 

2 weeks later.

I held Mateo's hand as we walked through the garden outside. I have never given this place much thought. I come out here a lot, but I never really took in the scenery. I came out here only to clear my mind so I didn't really look around. And I never make it this far in.

There was a bench on the far end where there was a pond. Mateo told me two ducks live there with their children. There's also a gazebo that was never given thought to. So much about this house I had never known about. 

We all could have such fun barbecues out here. "We should invite everyone and have a barbecue. Add a pool maybe, I love swimming. We can have a little pool party too." He grabs me by my waist and kisses my hair. I love when he does that. 

"Whatever you want," I smile leaning into him and walking down the path around the garden. There was another bench and I just wonder if Mateo even knew about this place. He doesn't seem like the type to come out to a garden when he's upset. He looks like he would go on a killing spree if he was mad. 

We watch past the lake now completely engulfed by the fence length bushes. I laugh when he tells me stories about the ducks in the pod. "I caught them having sex, I swear." I laugh throwing my head back. 

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did, you can ask Antonio he saw too. It was the first time he laughed in like years." I continuing laughing at his stupid comments. 

Ellie's coming over for a sleepover later today so I knew I should wrap things up with Mateo and head inside. I want to set the kitchen up with things for us to bake and then we're gonna send it off to Callie. I bet we could get Dyiore to hand deliver them.

I invited her but said she's not ready. I understand but I don't want her feeling left out, so we'll figure something out. Dyiore probably won't end up coming either because of Callie. I just want them to get together already. Everyone knows they like each other, there's no point in pretending anymore. 

"As much as I'm loving this walk, and conversation. I need to get back inside, Ellie's gonna be here soon."

"Ditching me already?" I laugh shaking my head. 

"You and Antonio can help, the more the merrier. But I assumed you guys would wanna do your own thing, like talk about killing people."

"Is that what you think we do in our free time? Talk about killing people." His fingers find my stomach ticking me. I squeal attempting to run, but I make it maybe two steps before being hoisted up. My feet no longer on the ground and Mateo has only one arm around me as if I'm nothing but a feather.

I laugh throwing my head back on his shoulder still laughing. I love him so much. He puts me back down and pulls me in for a kiss. "Want me to buy you guys things from the store?" His face real close to mine. I shook my head. He already took me to the store yesterday and I called Ellie so she could tell me everything she wanted. 

They're both still staying in his penthouse that's further away from us so she couldn't join me in person. Antonio was arguing with her about how unnecessary half the things we were getting were. But Ellie kissed him and he encouraged her after. 

We all laughed. 

"Come let's go back inside." Hand in hand we walk back the way we came. I told him about the new book I started and then he said he's gonna get a library built in one of the unnecessary rooms. 

"But we already have one."

"Yeah, but that one has all those stupid work books. I want you to have one only with your things." I shrunk my face squeezing his cheeks between my fingers.