8 | I'm Sorry

Arabella's POV:

Shit!

Crying eyes, I wipe them away as I rush out of my car seeing a familiar vehicle who had taken the hit for me.

As I got closer to the damaged car, I manage to figure out the person driving.

Mateo...

My eyes widen and I rush even fast to the his door. Our cars barely clashed but my car blocked the opening of his door side.

I try desperately to open the stupid door, but my annoying car wouldn't even move.

Frustrated, I start elbowing the not broken glass on his side of the car. I was being stupid and unreasonable.

But I wasn't thinking. My feelings all over the place. I didn't care how embarrassing I looked, I was just so... I don't know.

I felt like shit for the way I had treated Jeremy and now Mateo drove his car in front of mine. 

I bang my fist on the strong glass until the training I'd done finally paid off. The window starts breaking as my hits become more impatient.

"Stop that, you're gonna hurt yourself!" A woman yelled seeing me trying to break the glass as hard as I could.

"STOP!" They all yelled at me, but I couldn't.

The broken glass started piercing into my skin and cut through. I couldn't even feel it. I just saw his body laying unconscious in his seat. He's gonna be so upset when he wakes up.

This is his favourite car and the seat is covered in blood and the windows are broken.

He loves this car and now it's gonna be destroyed. It's ruined. And it's all my fault again. Why do I keep messing things up?

Ambulance sirens echo through my ears, as they all yell at me to stop. I don't even know what I'm doing at the point.

Finally a trained man, pulls me away from the car and the manage to get Mateo out from the window I broke.

My tears stream down my face. I did this to him. Why didn't I even see the car coming.

He took the hit for me...

Realization spread through me as I stop resisting the man trying to pry me away from the ambulance.

"I'm his wife, I need to come." He took a second to hear me and finally let me the truck they put Mateo in. They took away both mine and Mateos cars because they were completely destroyed. Well Mateo's more than mine.

They drove away from the scene, people starting to leave too.

Blood on his face, blood everyone. Staining his white shirt. Staining everything. Everything was red.

I cradle my face as the tears don't seem to have an end. They make sure he doesn't lose more blood, covering the biggest wounds with the thick rubber.

This is all my fault. I didn't watch where I was going and now Mateo is hurt. Why do I keep hurting people. 

~~~

I groan as I get up from the uncomfortable position on the hospital sofa. I fell asleep after they said I could see Mateo even though he was still unconscious.

Eventually I woke up to the sound of shuffling. I was sleeping in an awkward position that my neck was sore. I clammer myself off the little couch for one.

"You could have taken the bed." He rubs his eyes as if he wasn't even hurt.

"You're the one who's hurt, not me."