35 | Capture

Mateo's POV :

"Dude, that's the most fun I think we've ever had during a mission." Antonio said walking to the car. A nice breeze blew through our hair and it was nice night out. And he wasn't wrong. It was so much fun. We haven't had this much fun in such a long time. We pretended to be on the French's side and then took em down.

Although it should have been expected, they didn't expect it at all. Their head leader was so shocked he didn't bother fighting back. I'd like to say the French Mafia will no longer be a problem to us, but they probably have a heir in line. 

We didn't just randomly attack them, we've been so busy we haven't attack any of the Mafia's first. The French stole some of our shipments thinking we wouldn't notice but we let it slide so that this would be even more epic. 

Antonio had more fun than me and Dyiore to be honest. He killed some of those guys in ways people couldn't even imagine. I think even I could get nightmares. 

I hoped into the car unlocking the doors for the guy and settled in. "I can't wait to just go home." The girls shouldn't be asleep yet so I have no doubt we'll walk in on them watching that stupid movie with the number guy.

I might have to get that movie banned in Italy, but I don't doubt that she'll move to New York again just to watch the movie. But I wouldn't do that, not yet at least. 

I lean my head up against the seat and sigh. I hear Dyiore sigh a little too high from the back. I chuckle and ask him what was wrong. 

"I don't understand why Callie won't just go out with me. She won't even give me a chance, I don't get it." Antonio laughs and turns his attention to him. 

"Be confident. Refuse to leave her house until she gives you a chance."

"That would be my house, so no." 

"Give my boy a chance at love, you go to Mateo's house and don't leave her alone until she gives you a chance. That's what Ellie did."

"Ellie made the first move?!" Dyiore grinned. 

"She might be all shy and shit, but when she knows what she wants, she has to get it. She followed me around when she came to Italy for the first time and asked me to show her around. I was such an asshole to her, I feel bad." Me and Dyiore burst out laughing. He's so whipped. I don't think I should be talking though.

"Now I feel bad, I'm gonna text her I love her." Antonio reaches into his pocket and retrieves nothing. "Where the fuck is my phone?" He checks around his seat and doesn't find his phone.

"Relax, I'll call Arabella and tell her to put Ellie on the phone. You two can have your moment." I laughed reaching into my pocket and also finding nothing. I search every single pocket I have and still nothing. "I can't find my phone either." 

Dyiore searches his pocket and shakes his head. "Mine isn't here either." An uneasy feeling settles in my chest. All three of our phones being missing, that not even a coincident. I put the car in reverse and sped out of the now completely dead area of the road. 

Ignoring every single speed limit I rush to Antonio's house. Dyiore keeps checking around the car maybe, we left them all here. Which was unlikely but I'm going for anything right now. 

I slam the car into park and rush to the front of the house. Thankfully the front door was locked so I felt myself relaxing just a bit. I won't completely relax until she's in my arms. Antonio does the couple of passwords and we all rush inside the house. 

I could see lights flashing from the living room and I sighed. They're here. I walk in there and the room is empty. My heart rate spikes and I sent Dyiore upstairs. "Dyiore, check if the girls are sleeping upstairs?" I know they're not sleeping but I am praying they decided to go to bed early tonight.