12 | Party

Mateo's POV:

It's been a couple days since, Tristan was shot on the leg. Arabella has went to see him everyday making sure he didn't need anything and if he was feeling better.

Even when he told her she didn't have to check on him, she insisted on it. And what can I say, she's not a woman you can't deny.

She sits in front of me on the dinning room table, eating her food as the sun glows against her skin. The golden utensils in her hand and she eats the food I cooked by myself.

It was just pancakes, but she was more than happy to see that I cooked while she showered. Although she only ate after she yelled at me for staying on my feet for too long.

I want her...

I watch her finish her food, with a final gulp then taking a drink of her coffee at the side. Both her hands held the white cup, drinking it with a little slurp.

"My parents, they're hosting a ball. For the 100th year of the Mafia. Do you wanna come?" There was no chance she would be staying home, but I pretended to give her an option.

"I would, but I don't have any dresses for a ball." She confesses.

"I'll take you shopping." She smiles then nods, placing her cup down.

She picks her dishes up, while I do the same for mine. I got rid of the maids for good. If we needed them they would be here, but for now it'll just be us cooking together. 

I feel a lot more accomplished when I do something myself. I purposely spent more time at the warehouse so I could get away from the house.

But now I have something at home that I'd much rather be with. So I have more than enough time to do whatever I please.

We're both already ready, so we just walk out of the house getting into the car.

~~~

Arabella's POV:

He sits on the stores couch as I look around the dress store for something to wear tonight. The women that worked there kept looking at Mateo which caused me to completely zone out from shopping.

I groan as the attention I once had was gone. I huff in annoyance as I walk closer to Mateo and grab his arm lifting him off the couch.

"You're gonna help me."

"I thought you said I should stay off my legs." He smirked.

"Well I changed my mind." I smile victoriously as I take him further into the store. He continues to groan as I practically drag him through the store.

"You know, jealousy can be a dangerous thing..." He smirks as he realizes my awkward behaviour.

"Me and jealous. Never." I roll my eyes, as I spot a beautiful black dress.

It was a black full length dress.