36 | Arms

Arabella's POV :

A month later.

"Please! Please let me go!" I cried. The leader of the French Mafia who goes by the name Axel LaRusso holds the roots of my hair in his fist. I accidentally dropped a glass of water on the floor while going to give it to him. 

My knees piercing into the broken glass on the floor. I cried. I see red coating the floor. "Apologize slut!" He spat out. 

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, please let me go!" I cried out hoping his grip would flatter. My face was stained red from the slaps I had received just moments before. 

"Not good enough." He sneered, crushing my hand on the floor with his foot. 

"Ah! I'm sorry! Please, please forgive me. It won't happen again." I screamed. He scoffed and shoved me away. My thighs landing in the glass as well. I cry out as I lay on the floor face forward. 

"Get up." He kicked the side of my leg and chuckled. He found my pain entertaining. I slowly rise up. It hurts more than I could admit. I rise to my feet after a couple of minutes. My legs dripping my blood. "The doctor's through that door." He mumbles.

I limp my way to the doctor. I've spent too much time in there. I haven't seen much of Ellie or Callie at all. They've been preoccupied with other work. I'll see them in the doctor's room but not much around.

I missed them so much. 

The only reason he was letting us go to the doctor was because he didn't want us to die from blood loss. He didn't think we deserved to die that peacefully. He said he has plans to make us die in front of the guys but I don't think they're coming anymore. 

It's been so long I've lost track of time. Everything is just a blur. 

I'm not saying I think they stopped looking for us. I'm only saying that I don't think they'll be able to find us. It's taken em this long, they won't find us. I've lost faith. I don't want to, but I can't help it. I stumble into the room but it was empty. The doctor wasn't in there yet so I was sitting alone. My eyes looked around the room and they land on something on the table.

I see the phone on the desk and I look away. I can call Mateo! Or at least try. I rush over to the phone and open it. Idiot. It doesn't have a passcode. I go to the phone app and I try to remember Mateo's number.

I've never needed to remember it before since it was always saved on my phone. I hated that. I try to think as hard as I can but the only thing I can remember are the first couple numbers and the last. 

I groan but keep trying my best to remember.

I'm trying my best to remember his number written above the fridge. He left it there because he knew I refused to add his number into my phone.

I dig deep in my brain and remember those time I wrote his number without having it saved and something clinked. As if all of a sudden all the odds were on my side.

I dial the number. I hope this is his. Please Lord.

I put the phone to my ear and I sigh. I hear it ring a couple times and then the phone line goes dead. I groan punching the numbers in again. I'm hoping Mateo is annoyed and thinks someone is just trying to bug him.

But if he sees someone call twice then maybe he'll know it's important. I shake with the phone in my hands. Again it goes straight to the automatic voicemail. I groan again about to give up. I wanted to give it one more try and then I'll give up and believe I got the wrong number.

I kept my attention at the door making sure no one walked in. If someone did, then I was fucked. I was dead. The phone ring goes once, twice and finally stops.