31 | Back In Time

Mateo's POV:

I lay down on Arabella's bed, sleeping with a dead weight on top of me. It's not that heavy, but it's annoying. I fix my gaze and watch it focus on the woman sleeping on me.

Well I guess I understand why she hates it when I'm sleeping on her, plus I'm much heavier than her.

I try to pry her off my chest but she just stays sleeping making a whining noise.

I reach behind her, ticking her underarm.

"Ah!" She yelled jumping off me.

"I know you were awake."

"Shut up." She sighed pushing the nest of brunette hair out of her face.

I just stare at her a bit weirdly.

"I know I look like a mess, trust me. I feel like a mess." I was about to throw a stupid joke until she spoke again.

"Say anything and I'll chop your head off." I was laughing as she falls practically all over the place getting to the bathroom.

I put my arm behind my head until my phone rings.

"Hey boss."

"What is it Dwayne?" Dwayne is one of my many guards at the ware house.

"Boss the guys detected the Russia's location and they're heading to New York right now. You guys need to get back of find some place to stay off the radar." I felt my jaw clench just knowing the threats back.

"We're coming back home, have one of my men prepare the jet for tonight." Just as Dwayne agreed and cut the call, Arabella walked out as if she hasn't looked like a big mess.

"I know, I look amazing." She said in her cocky tone looking at the white shirt she was already in.

"Listen I need to talk-."

"My head is hurting so badly." I reached over at the side handing her the pill I put last night. She went to the bathroom and swallowed the pill, swaying her hips out of the washroom.

"Can you make me breakfast?" She yawned falling on top of me and smiling.

"I did, last night."

"You did?"

"Yes. I had to get your ass out of the club after you decided to be a stripper. Then when I finally got you back here, you told me 'If you love me, then you'll make pancakes for me '." I said the last line in my dramatic female voice.

"I remember me being a stripper, but eating pancakes. I don't remember that. Maybe you should help me remember.." She pushed a piece of hair out of my face and bit her lip.

"You want me to make you more?"

"Yes!" Sometimes this woman can be a real child.

"Fine, but if I do. You have to swear you'll think about what I'm saying before you freak out."

"Deal." Usually she's more aware about what she's making a deal about, but I'm pretty sure it's the hungry stomach that's talking.

~~~