Chapter 80

Did a quick draw of the picture I have in my head(image above). This is what it looks like^•^

UNEDITED, BE AWARE~~

Chapter 80

The air is noticeably heavy. Bound to a chair, right at the center of a hexagonal marking(Refer to the image above), NS Beta finally saw KT Xi, composure and confidence unwavering as always.

His pride as the emperor's shadow guard is up like an unmoving mountain.

Not gonna lie, this guy is seriously a match made in heaven for the emperor, no matter what the situation he is in, his facial expressions remain calm as always, a problem like this is normal it seems-- Is what he immediately thought, Either the guy is a good actor or he is just that unfeeling.

NS Beta really don't want to be distracted, but another thing that he notices is that, although he is that far from where KT Xi is, he can still see how blooming the guy appears to be, brilliant eyes, silky well-cared hair, pale -as expected of someone who couldn't bath under the sun for a while-- healthy white skin, etcetera, so unlike his expectations. His brows raise in appreciation. This shadow guard is well taken care of, gotta thank these guys, no sign of torture as far as he can see. Because if ever he sees just one scratch, he would have recklessly bulldozed his way through the crowd.

However, he can't rush to save him yet like the superhero that he wanted to be, by the brief instructions from the emperor, he has to wait first. He looks around first and analyzes the current situation. Hundreds of soulless people obediently standing still, looking like a statue if seen from afar due to their stiffness. He carefully scans around for someone who doesn't look like a corpse, someone that should be the one controlling them.

With that in mind, NS Beta crouches under the thick cover of the tall grass and silently watches his captured subordinate. Six people who appear normal in his eyes are chatting by themselves inside the marking, their solemn expressions indicate the seriousness of the situation,

At the same time, KT Xi's the same -seemingly, facial paralysis does not betray his thoughts, looking like a bystander who is not the center of these people's discussions.

He is not worried,

It's either he is going crazy or he is not anxious about his death at all, instead, he welcomes it with open arms,

which is not reassuring.

Or... Maybe because of this hopeful and baffling feeling of reassurance that everything is going to be fine. A presence he feels and knew too well is just around the corner, he senses them around. For that reason, he is not reacting extremely.

KT Xi casually listens to the group of six talks. Lord here, Lord there, Dark Lord this and that,... is the most common words he can hear. He wanted to listen more, so at the very least he could gather a bit more information, when he - all of a sudden, feel the air cool to an unnatural degree. The group of six stopped talking and share the same look in their eyes.

That subtle communication did not escape from KT Xi's eyes. He notes how these people line up like good students as expectations could not be stopped from showing on their faces.

Everyone watches as smoke ever so slowly appears right in front of the captured Shadow Guard.

Like a tiny drop of paint continuously dripping on it, The white cloud tinted with gray, not long, it darkened to the point in which it is now a pure black smoke. Then, the dark smoke form into a shape of a man, like water exposed to a cold, it solidifies and vanishes. On its place is a man in a white untainted robe, sickly pale face, thin body, even if hidden behind his robe, could not hide the frailty of the years of inactivity. The Dark Lord these people look up to,... Is this weak-looking?

The Shadow Guard did not hide the fact that he was checking him out, not for any reason. from head to toe of the mysterious man.

So this is the infamous Lord of Death that he always hears of from Chang Han's mouth. They have a bigger reason why they have to stain their hands with a lot of blood. Their small group, the Cherokee Rose, is formed by this man for a reason.

The core purpose of the group, he'll have to pledge himself to be part of them before they'll tell you about it.

KT Xi wants to scoff. Excuses, It is one of Chang han's small attempts to make him understand and cooperate with them.

His words are not too convincing. Probably because he is not thinking of ever lending a willing hand to these people, he might never be able to sympathize with them. Looking at the number of people who are not corpsed willing individuals wearing black and their stance is that of a trained warrior, he seriously wonders why they have a lot of followers even if their group was crushed hundred of years ago.

He knew that this Deathblade that they always associate with him is part of a bigger role. Just a bit of clue about that but they are just too tight-lipped about it, they couldn't even tell even the surface of their reason for him to have some clarification.

He then slowly looks up and met a familiar pair of red iris. That dull eyes piercingly held the shadow guard's gaze.

The shadow guard has a bad feeling. He can't stop his frown as his guard rose against this person. He could not look away even if he wanted to. The Dark Lord's eyes are like looking right through him. Like an open book.

KT Xi felt chills, a cold awakening as those dull red iris slowly gains a spark of fury. A wave of unmasked anger is now on his sickly pale face.

The dark lord abruptly strides a few step forward, grabbed a fistful of KT Xi's hair and harshly pull his head back. The sudden pull caused a few strands of his hair to snap. The shadow guard could even feel his neck protesting and scalp numbing from the harsh treatment.

KT Xi gritted his teeth as he looks straight at the Dark Lord. The longer the said lord looks at him, the more he sees his sickly pale face redden in anger.

His head sharply whips to side, glared pointedly at all his disciples. His once dull ruby iris is now glowing with bloodlust. The crazed expression on his face shocked Chang Han and his fellow disciples. Their excited Lord is not happy.

"What.

Did.

You.

Do?"

A calm tone with a hint of frost as he slowly asks. The Dark Lord's eery expression, especially the crazed eyes, does not match the calm of his hoarse voice.

7/31/21_11:21am

^_^I'll write and update whenever I'm free, see y'all soon.

And I'm really sorry for the delays.