Chapter 2

The day went again as usual, with birds chirping and the natural sound of nature could lull everyone who are listening. KT Xi, as usual follow behind the Emperor who is currently dressed as a normal citizen and strolling around the city with Royal Guard Alma walking beside him.

As a shadow guard, KT Xi and the others must follow behind their master, always on high alert for any possible opening for people with bad intentions. And so, the moment that the emperor went inside of a fancy restaurant, all the shadow guard immediately scatter around the area and check everything if it's clear.

The Emperor sat down in front of an old man and greeted with a slight nod. The man nodded back as a wrinkle on his forehead are distinguished the moment his brows knitted together. He lean closer to the emperor then look around suspiciously, before he set his attention to the emperor. "The Revilus kingdom had planted a seed in the court, those traitor will be hard to distinguish,..." The man look for something in his robe then presented it to the Emperor "These are all the data that we had gathered. Hopefully it will help." The Emperor took the scroll from the man's hand and ask lowly "I expect that this information will be reliable?"

The man nods and replied "We got this from their messenger that we captured"

Opening the scroll, it stated that the traitors are planning to slay all the ladies of the Emperor, the reason is still unknown, but there is one clear description that the enemy had emphasized, if the Emperor finally has his Empress, kill her as soon as possible.

Whomever his enemies are, he will show no mercy on them. Though the man felt the chilling aura of the Emperor, he still speak up with a suggestion "Your highness, how about you select a temporary fake empress with you. Not just an ordinary fake empress, but the kind that have a skill to protect herself from the assassins..." He paused when he saw the Emperor ponder for a seconds before continuing "we will gather some data of all the potential ladies that are skilled in any form of martial art"

In a few seconds of silence, the Emperor finally stand and left after saying to the man "I shall consider your suggestion"

Seeing the retreating back of the Emperor, the man finally consume and release a breath of ease. "Well, this old man have some work to do" He stand and left a bill in the table.

As the Emperor and his Royal guard walk away and into the woods, a secret path towards the palace, ten unknown men stealthily dash to him with a sharp drawn swords, five men as well are stationed in different locations and fire an arrow intended for the Emperor.

The Emperor halted his steps as Royal guard Alma draw his sword and expertly blocked and sliced the fast approaching arrows.

KT Xi jumped down from the tree and draw his katana, the man who was going to attack the emperor noticed him and so the fight begun. The Royal guard stay beside the emperor as he block all the arrows that were fired. The Emperor's shadow guard engages their fight as well to the assassins. Meanwhile, the Emperor himself is observing the arrows. The trajectory, the locations, the strength, etc...

"You!" The voice of the emperor boomed causing all the fighters to pause as his finger pointed at the closest shadow guard. Nudging his chin to a certain direction, the shadow guard immediately left.

The only people left is three shadow guards including KT Xi and the Royal guard Alma. The fight was almost over when unexpectedly, a new batch of assassins appeared before them. The three shadow guards quickly enclose the Emperor as the number of these people are beyond theirs.

KT Xi, with his fighting stance and blood dripping from his katana scan the number of their enemy, this battle is really against their odd. More than a hundred masked men dressed in black clothes surrounded all their possible escape route so fighting head on is a must. Five men dashed towards their direction and KT Xi quickly break away from their formation. He intercepted the men by expertly swinging and blocking the attacks of the opponent, RD Lambda also break away then support KT Xi back to back.

As the two fought the enemies, they suddenly felt a familiar killing aura in the atmosphere. RD Lambda exchange glances with KT Xi, the two nodded and jump up to the threes and stayed there as their enemy fell on their knees. Their eyes are wide and blood mysteriously gushing out from unwounded skin.

The eyes of the Emperor is red as he scan the suffering enemies in front of him. Royal Guard Alma is behind him and the shadow guards are positioned at the trees branches. Everyone who are captured by the Emperors line of sight are all shouting in agony, KT Xi watched from above and could only sigh at the Emperor's ability to control blood.

By the time the other shadow guards arrived at the scene, the green grass are already painted with blood, piles of dead body's are scattered around. KT Xi and the others jumped down from the trees and kneel down with one of their knees on the ground.

A flap of of wings sounded above them, Royal Guard Alma raise his left arm and the mighty brown-orange eagle land on it with a squeak. Alma took the tiny scroll attached to the birds leg and read its content.

"Your Highness, another Ladies are killed. 2 of the Imperial Concubine, Imperial Concubine Qurias and Safiane. 1 of the Consorts, Consort Larfel. and 1 of the Noble Consorts, Noble Consort Xeril"

Hearing another death, KT Xi could only sigh at those ladies misfortune.

{(8/6/2018)... 11:19 am}