Chapter 5

Stars twinkling in the raven sky with the moon bringing light to the sleeping earth. Gentle wind caresses the forest with only a slight rustling of nature could be heard.

Silence envelope the atmosphere as the group of three people didn't utter any sound. The Emperor drop the fox mask and wipe the blood from the daggers cut on his neck. The said cut was done by KT Xi's dagger when he counter the Emperor during the fight where he was held with both knees kicked.

"A traitor amongst the shadow guard?" Royal Guard Alma asked but more like a statement.

KT Xi is sweating buckets right now. Everyone of the shadow guards know that they are not to have a direct contact with the emperor, and what KT Xi did is more than that, he also fought his master and even wounded him in the neck and on the left arm. He will definitely beheaded for harming the Royal body.

The emperor just raise his hand to signal Alma to drop his stance. Royal Guard Alma nod and sheathed his sword.

Right now, KT Xi is preparing himself for his head to roll over the grass.

"Name" The Emperor ask.

"KT Xi your highness"

The emperor stare down to the man who is kowtowing before him.

Back then, he really was just going out to have a walk. But when he noticed a bird, he silently followed it which leads him to a river side,

moment only later, the bird he was following fell down from its flight, following behind it is a figure of a man, in response he aim his sword to the man, surprisingly the man manage to block it with only a dagger. Seeing the fox mask, he learn that this fellow is his Shadow guard. Aside from the shadow guards leader -GL Alpha, the emperor doesn't really have any interaction with any of his shadow guards. So right there and then, he decided to test him out.

During the fight, he closely observed the shadow guard's movement which leads him to a discovery that this shadow guard -though fast and agile has a very beautiful moves that hooked the emperor's attention.

Step by step, the emperor stand close before the shadow guard in his mighty glory and said in a low but commanding voice "stand"

KT Xi immediately respond as he cup his fist and stand without rising his head. Only three feet away from him is the emperor who -even now is still observing him closely. Knowing it, KT Xi is confident enough to declare that he will arrive soon to the spring.

Suddenly, a hand reach out to his chin and slowly guide his head to raise. KT Xi who was too surprised with the emperors action could only feel his goosebumps while maintaining his line of sight to the ground.

Seeing the blank look of the shadow guard before him, the emperor's interest spike up. I wonder if all my shadow guards are as pleasant as this one.

Instantly, an idea formed within his mind causing a uncommon curve of his lips to appear but instantly replaced with a smirk.

Royal guard Alma who was observing the happenings frown the moment he saw the emperor's smirk, he knows what type of person the emperor is. Ever since he was first recruited, he already study the emperor -who was still a fourteen years old crown prince before very closely so that he could serve him in satisfaction. Almost all the actions and quirks of the cold blooded emperor, he already have an idea on what's on his mind. There will be a weird order I will receive soon.

As time slowly pass by, the emperor finally said a word "Report to GL Alpha after the visit to the village"

KT Xi blink and thousands of thoughts run through his mind.

Could it be that the emperor will torture me first? Feed me to the Royal pets? Cut me into a million pieces!?. No, see me drowning in his bath– no no no, the Royal bath is too extravagant for me. Maybe hung me to death!?!!!!.... Etc..

The emperor who is observing the shadow guard couldn't even erase his smirk as he saw the cracking blank expression of his shadow guard, he is clearly thinking of millions of possible things to happen. Very interesting

After the torturous seconds of KT Xi's life pass by, the emperor finally retracted his hand and fold it behind him as he said towards the Royal guard "The night have command our rest, lead this emperor back to tent"

Royal guard Alma nod and side step "This way"

The emperor took a last glance to KT Xi before he walk away with Royal guard Alma.

Deep in thought, the emperor suddenly narrow his eyes. A descendant of those people,... Is my own shadow guard.

KT Xi finally release a shaking breath as he scolded himself "I thought I said I won't anger the emperor before? Why didn't you recognize the emperor back then!? I'm seriously dead here!" He murmured to himself.

He was about to turn back to the camp when he remembered the thing that caused his dilemma, his head jerk to the side and saw the bundle of feathers beside the water. With a sigh, KT Xi jump from stone to stone then squat down to where the dead bird lie while huffing "if it wasn't for those cursed people that send this bird, I would have been swimming here already! Not quietly waiting for my death by the emperor's command!"

KT Xi took the tiny scroll from the bird's leg then unrolled it to read its content. However, what he learn from it quickly replaced the troubles on his mind.

{(8/10/2018)... 1:57pm}