Chapter 69

Morning comes. The shadow guards are now on stand by, waiting for the emperor to leave.

On their short gathering, they recite their thousand years old anthem as traditions. They said it with powerful voice as one by one, they spoke their lines like they always did.

"In the name of the Emperor, we oath" -All

"We strike" -GL Alpha

"We defend" -NS Beta

"We fight till the end" -FY Gamma

"One sword" -YU Delta

"One sceptre" -LN Epsilon

"One throne" -LD Stigma

"For life" -DP Zeta

"We sworn" -QE Eta

"One Dragon above alone" -DS Theta

"Through hardships and trials" -MK Iota

"Never doubt" -AF Kappa

"Never be disrupt" -RD Lambda

"With honor we shall serve" -JN Mu

"One master, one mission" -JH Nu

"Bonded by a pledge with our blood" -KT Xi

"Sole Master we hail" -BH Omicron

"All hail His Majesty the Emperor" -MS Pi

"Till death befalls upon us all" -CH Koppa

"We, His phantom shield" -SN Rho

"Are His proud Imperial Shadow Guard" -All

After they said the lines, BH Omicron who is standing on his left side couldn't help but said to KT Xi with worry on his tone. "You're too pale, are you alright Xi?"

After saying it, JH Nu who's on his right side also take a look at him up and down. "Xi, are you sick?" He ask, getting worried for his comrade. For the past few days now, they noticed a lot of things -physically on KT Xi, like how pale his complexion are, how tired and sleepless his eyes are looking. Then there's yesterday's episode in which he's having a nosebleed. And now this, he's really sickly pale.

Everyone immediately turn to KT Xi. NS Beta grab GL Alpha's shoulder and whisper in worry. "We should let him rest Alphapi. I don't think he's in his right condition for this."

"I know." GL Alpha went to stand in front of KT Xi and study him critically.

KT Xi as well is looking at himself -inspecting the color of the skin of his hand. Do I really look that pale? He looks up and stare up into GL Alpha's eyes. The message is clear without saying.

"I can still do it Alpha." He quickly said. He badly wanted to plead to their leader because he don't want to be left behind and rest knowing he is far away from his comrades, especially to their master. He don't want to think that something bad might happen to them and he's not even there to fight and defend the Emperor together. He is a proud shadow guard, and it's a fact that he also don't want to burden to anyone, but he also believes that he won't become one if only they could give him a chance.