Chapter 4

A figure of a man is slightly distinguished as it walk farther away from the camp. That figure is no other than a Shadow guard KT Xi, he leisurely pushed away the low branches of trees while oftentimes yawning. The night is silent that only the sound of the nocturnal animals and his own footsteps could be heard. However, before he could reach the clearing where the river is located, he suddenly saw a fast moving object flew past above his head. KT Xi's eyes sharpen and immediately move into action. He quickly jump up to the trees and build up his legs strength to gain a faster footsteps.

KT Xi draw out some daggers that is secretly hidden in the side of his boots and grip it tightly to his side. As  he get closer to the object, it suddenly twist and turn in trees causing KT Xi to slow down for a bit. In close observation, the said object is actually a spy bird from their enemy that -from the direction where it flew away from is scouting their (KT Xi's) camp.

With the sudden realization, KT Xi calmed himself as his line of sight never left the bird. He steady his footings on the tree branches for a second before he expertly threw the dagger towards the bird. The said bird's flight became unbalanced and it soon fall down towards other side of a river.

KT Xi jump down to the ground with a little sound, but before he could stand properly, he suddenly felt a bad premonition. A sword is already aimed at his neck, KT Xi quickly draw a dagger hidden in his sleeves and a clang was heard. The sword meet the dagger near his face.

Because of the dark, KT Xi didn't know who this person is, he only know that this person is strong. The unknown man is dressed in a imperial guard's robe that hugged around his body finely. If you look at it closely, the robe didn't help much to masking the strength of the man behind those clothes, on his face is a black cotton mask that wrap around his head securely, only a cold dark eyes could be seen.

KT Xi frown with a sneer as he thought to himself. a traitor? Or a spy?

The man grabbed KT Xi's neck then kick both knees forcing the shadow guard to have a weakening knees. He then threw his sword to grasp KT Xi's wrist. The hold is very tight that forced him to drop the dagger.

With the right hand of KT Xi's hand still free, he quickly drew a dagger hidden in his sleeve then swing it to the man's neck. Like a speed of lightning, the man kick KT Xi's stomach and the two separated. KT Xi stagger on his feet and felt like vomiting from the kick that his stomach had gain. He wipe the blood from his lips with the back of his hands, then spit out the remaining from his mouth.

The two people under the moon remain standing on their spot, two pairs of eyes connected. KT Xi skillfully reveal another pair of daggers hidden perfectly from out of nowhere, the skill of hiding the objects are really good that you can't even guess which places on his body have those stuff hidden.

The unknown man raise an eyebrow, behind those mask is a smirk on his lips.

KT Xi made his move first engaging a fast paced attack to the man, his speed is very fast that most people wouldn't be able to block those kicks and punches that is combined with daggers on both hands.

Under the rays of the moonlight, two skillful men engaged in a trilling battle. The dried leaves float in every direction caused by the movements of the two.

Watching from another persons point of view, the fight seems to be equal, but only the skilled and the two fighters themselves know that KT Xi's is at a disadvantage. The man is stronger than him that the battle itself is like a child play.

Knowing this, KT Xi's excitement bubble up and a much more exciting battle begun. KT Xi's eyes are sparkling with killing intent that perfectly match his dangerously beautiful movement.

Few cuts from the two are already visible. Suddenly, the man grabbed KT Xi's mask. Because the mask that the shadow guards are wearing right now are the fox mask, the said mask is easily taken away revealing a shocked face of the shadow guard. KT Xi who didn't expect such move couldn't even react for a few seconds.

When KT Xi wake up from his shock, he swing the dagger to the man's face and quickly jump away from the man.

Our identity isn't important anymore. So leave your past behind and always cover your faces, for the faces is the reminder of everyone from who they were before.

The leaders words when he was first recruited quickly resurfaces in front of his mind. We are the emperor's shadow. Never be seen,... KT Xi quickly used his sleeve to cover his face.

A newcomer's presence came out from the forest. Royal guard Alma look at KT Xi then the man with a hard to read expression.

The place is very silent. Soon, a sound of a sword being drawn from its shell could be heard. KT Xi took a glance at Royal guard Alma and was surprised to see the sword being pointed at him.

The unknown man raise his hand and unwrap the black mask he is wearing, the clothe fell into the ground. Like a cold water poured into him, KT Xi gasped and quickly kowtow as the man standing before him is actually the Emperor!

I'm so dead.

{(8/9/2018)... 9:18 am}