Chapter 63

😅hey guys, it's been a long time! Hehe, I forgot how many weeks I've been gone so I hope I got the right number of chapters? 😶PM me directly if I'm mistaken though, cause I won't be around and I might be wrong -I won't be able to know if y'all comment.

I tried~

⚠WARNING⚠
SEVERELY UNEDITED,
PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

They will be traveling.

Right after their meeting, KT Xi immediately escaped from being caught by the others and headed straight to his bedroom to prepare himself for another day, another day to face the emperor.

Even though he is still reluctant to face the emperor or even just standing by his side, he still have his duty to fulfill and that is exactly what he will do.

So right after he took a few dagger and hid it around his arm and legs, he jump through the window and headed straight to the palace where his supposedly chambers is located. He sneak inside as usual and was greeted by the three same maids as usual.

KT Xi didn't bother on giving them his attention as he headed straight towards where the red robes are lied flat.

The three exchange glances before they step forward to help him out with the clothes and accessories. But before they could even step closer to KT Xi, he suddenly became defensive as his eyes narrows darkly and he warned with his dangerous low voice. "Step back." He said. Eyes glaring in side where the women are standing at, his hands clutch his robe tightly around his body.

Seeing such dangerous stance, the three immediately back off. They kind of have an idea as to why he is acting that way, so they are willing to give him space.

KT Xi suddenly felt a headache coming. He's mess up, right after that day, KT Xi felt something that he couldn't comprehend. When he left the emperor's chamber after that incident, he felt hurt and regretful about something, whats worst is that it was not about the thing that he did, but because those act should be done with love, not because he was experimenting/helping the Emperor. He felt empty, . His head is full of things that he wanted to settle and feelings that he wanted to know what. This can't be normal.

So right after the shadow guard dress himself clumsily, the three maids slowly volunteer themselves to fix the way he dress himself, then place all the accessories properly all over him.

Right after they finished, a feminine voice from a maid behind the closed door announce respectfully. "Your Majesty, the Emperor... ask for your presence, please proceed to the throne room."

KT Xi frown upon hearing it, the maid did not just made a mistake by saying that the Emperor ask for his presence right?...  His eyes narrow in suspicion. She could have been killed if KT Xi is a prideful, snob, irritating and bitchy-whiney Empress like those literature that he'd beed reading every night whenever he has a free time. The punishment will be severe once a messenger misstate the Emperor's word even if just a little insignificant word.

Shaking those thoughts away, KT Xi pat the jewels that beautify his hair and sigh. This things are really a bother whenever he dress up to impress the people as a beautiful Empress. Ugh, he don't want to remember something. He proceeds towards the door and got out after the double door slid open. He walk like a queen carrying with her is the pride and dignity as if she won a battle, in which she of course did.

With the guards and maids walking loyally behind her, and the way she carry herself with each firm stride on the pathway. The people that saw the empress pass by would stare at her with admiration and respect.

She really deserve to be the empress of the empire. Is what everyone thought.

Standing in front of the close door of throne room, the eunuch who is standing in the side greets the Empress before he announce Her presence before them. Right in cue, the huge double door slowly open wide.

KT Xi impassively stride towards where the emperor is sitting. He stop a few steps away from the stairs that leads to the Emperor's throne before he bow in respect.

Gao Xue Long scan the person before him from head to toe.

Something is not right, there's a certain change that he can't point out right now, and there's a nagging feeling inside him that leads him to pay close attention to the empress before him.

His eyes narrows. Whatever it is, it is something that he won't ignore.

Actually,... there's nothing wrong with the empress, or any change for that matter, she is still the same as far as the others could see. She is still a blank face beauty that no one could approach unless you're suicidal enough to try to get closer to her.

Maybe because her presence suddenly increases that made her worthy to stand beside the Emperor, both have the charisma and appeal. Most of them guessed that it might be because she had proven herself by taking the victory over the emperor's hand(?). They nod to themselves, maybe that's it.

By only glancing to the side, the maids immediately bow as they understood what the emperor ordered them to do.

They went to the Empress side and guide her up to the Emperor's throne. KT Xi let the maids hold his arms as they help him be seated next to the Emperor.

KT Xi sat and behave himself. Seating beside the person he shared something with, the shadow guard could only wish that the emperor hopefully won't hear how hard the organ inside his chest hammers his ribcage.

He is very tense, he don't know what to do to himself nor understand why he is feeling this way. This feeling got worst!!!!

As a minister spoke about business matters in front of the crowd, Gao Xue Long can't help but notice how tense the person is seating beside him. He calmly glace to the side and openly scrutinize the frozen still Empress, he(KT Xi) is like a statue at the moment, his hands that are rested on his legs were clinched tightly into a fist. The way he seated is stiff and unmoving giving away his discomfort of being around the Emperor.

Although he is pretty much impassive to the eyes of everyone inside the room, the Emperor knows that the Empress' thoughts are also in a state of total chaos, just by staring straight into her eyes, you could easily tell.

The Emperor stare at him for a few more seconds before he turn and look back to the minister who is talking. Analyzing the Empress' behavior inside his head.

KT Xi felt a headache coming, he wanted to curse so badly as the talking minister makes him mad for some reason.

The way the old man spoke with pride and boastful tone. The way he cockily tell how much he had gave and contributed for the people of this empire. The way he spoke like he knows what to do and what is the right and wrong choice that he have in mind. The shadow guard felt like punching the man, this type of people is really irritating to no end that he wanted to -oh so badly shove those cocky attitudes back to their faces till they will have no face to show–

He suddenly froze as his eyes went wide. He glance down to his lap and saw the emperor's hand engulfing his own, gently rubbing his fisted hand to help the muscles relax. Because of this, his thoughts are distracted from the source of his irritation. He became fully aware how the emperor's hand slowly intertwine their hands, holding his own like it's only natural for them to do that.

For KT Xi who is looking at it with confusion -feeling his heart almost explode.

This is not natural....

{(4/19/2019)... 3:05pm}