Chapter 75

Will you take my hand if I tell you what I am? The child ask with hopeful tone. Innocent and bright Scarlet eyes staring back at him.

The same gray image of a child who's scarlet eyes is the only color that you could see. The same child who often hunts his dream in various scenes is now standing still, acknowledging -talking to him for the very first time.

KT Xi took a few glances around him, taking in all the information that he could possibly get. There's nothing. Nothing but a Plain, flat black and white of a simingly endless world. The ground is smoky black and the sky and the horizon is within the shade of gray.

The shadow guard look back down at the child who is just standing still before him. Hand is now extended -offering it to be taken. KT Xi look up to the boy's face and trying to guess who the child is. Before he could look closer to the boy's face, the child is gone in a blink of an eye. Surprising him to the bone which made him took a few involuntary steps back. Standing before him now is a bright world, paradise even. Rainforest and various animals is casually walking around. The sun is up to the sky, gently gracing its light to everything.

And the most important thing, a person wearing a bright red robe replaced the child. The emperor with an unusual look in his eyes, offers his hand and stated.

"Will you wait for me?"

Sharp pain on his head jolted him awake, KT Xi frown as he slowly sat up and rub his forehead while looking around the cell he is currently held. Three solid walls and a line of metal bars. Behind those bars is a familiar handsome man which he had already fought with before. Chang Han, smiling like there's no problem in the world that could shake that smile off his face.

The shadow guard drop both his hands on his lap. Staring with his usual blank look at the person beyond the bars.

"Quite unexpected..." Chang Han started, smile slowly fading from his face. "... The Empress,... My beloved..." he murmurs. Sadistic smile replaced the easygoing one. "... Is a man...." he chuckle "the irony,... I do not discriminate though. A man or a woman, a genuine feeling is whats important. Right?"

KT Xi remains unfazed. Calm and collected as he investigate his surroundings, not much chance for escape at the moment so he could only do as much.

After a while of silence with Chang Han still creepily staring at him, the shadow guard finally speak. "Care to share me your reasons for abducting a mere imperial shadow guard?" he said calmly.

"oh no, of course not."Chang Han made himself comfortable on his seat near the bars. With a soft chuckle, he continued." We have no business with a mere imperial shadow guard."

KT Xi visibly frown at that. Confusion and annoyance tops all his emotions. What a unreasonable people they are for abducting him without any business as he calls it. A mere fact that they would go to such length as to turn all women into a puppet is enough to prove that the goal is not simply because they wanted to take a mere shadow guard. What special thing do I have that they'd go as far as doing those... "Soul of Deathblade... The fox said..." he uttered slowly catching Chang Han by surprise. His eyebrow raise as the side of his lips raise to a smirk. Eyes glint with amusement. "Oh,... That cunning fox again. Couldn't even contain a small information such as that... Doesn't matter, what he said was enough for your ears, the rest is to be told at the right time. No?... Anyway, Our lord will come to you once awaken from his sleep. I hope you'll be patient with us." he raise from his seat and dusted himself gracefully. "anything that you'd like to ask dear guest? No need to feel shy or-"

"Untouched foods will be appreciated." KT Xi said without a single hint of shame. Cutting Chang Han off mid sentence.

The same man couldn't help but raise an eyebrow to that. He expected this calm shadow guard, empress or whatever he should be called to never ask anything from them as he's being held captive for something he doesn't have full knowledge about. Food will be far from what he'll be asking. They could have mix poison in it. He could only smile. "Oh, that was quite unexpected, I've actually—" he stop. KT Xi's expression is the same as usual. No hint of any emotions or anything specifically joking.

Smile flitching, Chang Han fake a cough. "of course. Food that is—"

"And don't forget a bottle of water, no poison or anything mixed in it will be gratefully received." he cut in once again, making Chang Han stare at him deeply.

The way he requested... Ordered more likely, was like a master telling his servant to do this and do that. Face unchanging while he said it. Who's the prisoner here once again? Chang Han could only sigh to himself and thought as he turn around. Fold his arms behind him and promised while he stride. "You'll have your food right away." voice slowly fading with an echo. "I,... Myself, shall deliver them to you." he turn to a corner and gone from the shadow guard's sight.

Once gone, the side of KT Xi's lips slowly raise to a smirk. The plan is already complete inside his head. All he have to do is to keep himself calm in this situation. Never do anything reckless. And Once the right time comes, opportunity will surely opens for him, escape will be done.

With that in mind, KT Xi went back to sleep as the uncomfortable feeling allover his body is still present as ever.

As his eyes close and a sigh he released. Moment only passed before his consciousness went back to that paradise.

The Emperor is also there, however his expression is dark and his pair of cold -dark eyes is gazing at him with determination.

Wait for me Xi.

12/8/19 _5:13pm

😁See you soon, to those who are still around, I'll try my best to at least update a lot more chapter this month. I'm quite disappointed with my self though because I couldn't complete the story this year. I'll update again soon. This month exactly. 😁So expect more chapters coming soon. Bye. Thanks again for those who are still around reading this story.😘😁😉😀