Chapter 19

Morning court arrive, a figure of a man and a woman walking towards the court room attracted the attention of everyone, they gloriously entered the room and proceed to the throne.

The guards, eunuchs, and maids thoughts are the same. The Emperor is in love!

However, in KT Xi's case.

"You will have to stay close to this Emperor most of the time" Said the Emperor to the shadow guard who dutifully sat in the corner. KT Xi only nod. I will fulfill my duty wholeheartedly.

Royal Guard Alma -who is standing at the foot of the throne glance at KT Xi and then to the Emperor with a very complicated gaze, They're both men, I wonder how they did it last night?...

The minister and the court officials, When will we hear the news of the Empress's pregnancy?

Gao Xue Long -unaware of his courtiers colourful thoughts spoke with his commanding tone "Let's begin"

A Minister step up and bow; however, before he could speak, an urgent messenger entered the courtroom while sweating buckets "Pardon my Impudence!" The man bow "The Imperial Noble Consort was found dead on her chamber, another five Harem Ladies are slain in their own chambers asleep!!!"

The Emperor frown at that.

KT Xi's eyew narrow, he respectfully bow to the Emperor and whisper "May I ask his Highness to excuse myself?"

The Emperor glance at him before he wave his sleeve "Permitted" He turn to his ministers and said "Lead this Emperor to the location"

The Messenger clumsily bow as he replied "Y-yes! Right this way!"

KT Xi walk away from the courtroom, his maids, eunuchs and guards are following behind him closely like a plague. Annoyed, he turn to the pathway towards the Emperor's Chamber and enter there alone. Since those people will never leave him alone, he thought of an easy way to escape from those people, he remove all the ornaments on his head then change his robe to a black clothe hidden behind the closet, he tied his hair back before he wore the black mask on his face.

KT Xi stare at the door. surely, that path is a no-no, he turn to the window then up to the ceiling, his eyes narrow for a bit before he nod and went to the pillar near the bed, he expertly climb up to it then slowly remove the roof tiles, after comprehending that he could fit in it, KT Xi crawl out from the hole that he made then silently jump into a tree. He look around for a bit before he leaps to a tree and into the other.

When he arrive in the dept of the forest, KT Xi jump down to the ground and stride towards the house of weaponry.

The lone shadow guard enter the house and few heads turn to him, one familiar figure approach KT Xi, then out of nowhere, the figure reveal a dagger and swing it to KT Xi's direction.

KT Xi in turn duck then grab his assailants arm, he expertly twists it behind the man's back causing it to cry "no no no no!!!! Okay! I got it! You win!!!"

KT Xi snorted as he let the man's wrist go, the man glare at KT Xi hatefully while he rub his wrist to relief.

"What are you doing– marrying the Emperor?" The man whisper.

KT Xi just sigh at that "Mission... Where have you been by the way? NS Beta"

NS Beta slap KT Xi's arms "I was just sent to an errand and now one of my babies are married!?"

Tired, KT Xi wave his hand off and went to the daggers section, he took a few of it then hide it all over his body, he then turn to NS Beta and said "I still have something to do, see you later Beta"

"Ehh... You're ignoring me baby Xi!" NS Beta whine, but KT Xi indeed ignore him and quickly fled from the place. He jump up to the trees then went to the location of the Emperor.

Together with the other shadow guards, KT Xi hide behind the infrastructures as they guard the Emperor in the shadow.

Blood flowing from her nose, her mouth is open wide like she wanted to shout, her eyes are rolled back in its sockets, her neck and down to her stomach have a very deep wound, blood is flowing out like a pool. She is in her night robe and is positively killed in her sleep. Everyone that sees the body quickly went out as the bile on their throats rise, Gao Xue Long on the other hand is staring at the body with a narrow eyes and frowning eyebrows.

Though he is uncaring, Gao Xue Long would still be move to something like this, the Emperor's harem is not much filled with flowers, so killing them one by one is really not good for the numbers of Ladies in his harem. Yes he didn't touch any of these women, but he still remember them.

Slowly, those people's target ladies became higher ranking than before, the only lady who is missing from the list is the Empress herself.

And if the Empress Dowager didn't fill out those vacant ranks, the Emperor's harem could have been an empty of high ranking ladies by now.

"How many lives are taken" The Emperor ask lowly.

The investigator who is overseeing the case turn to the emperor and replied "The lady is the forty-fourth your highness"

The Emperor didn't utter any words, his gaze fell into the pool of blood then he said "Continue your investigation" His eyes lock to the investigator before he walk away with a deep killing intent in his red blood eyes.

{(8/28/2018)... 2:04pm}