Chapter 74

🙃Hi. Sorry for not updating for so long. 😔I'm currently rereading my own story cause I'm forgetting the details. 🙃And I'm still struggling to write so expect my next update to suck so bad(the way I write them) cause I want to update this soon hehehe.

"-the child saw the horror of his mother getting killed. One villager swung his blade down, slicing the defenseless back of his mother. With that, the villagers believed that they finally killed the witch, all their suffering from the plague will finally comes to an end.... BUT.... At that exact moment, his power awaken. Blood burst out from his wounded hand creating a whirlpool of red around him. All sort of bloody weapons made with nothing but the child's own blood flew in all direction, killing all the people that bullied them, inflicting them with pain. After the child killed all the villagers and finally calmed down, what his innocent teary eyes witnessed is the bloodbath the village has covered. Right after that, a group of bandits who saw what happened took the child from his home, creating a weapon out of him. It was so deadly that people call it deathblade. Just thinking about it scared the hell out of me." said the guard who is holding his food and water bottle in both hands, said while shaking. Looking as if he saw the scene with his own eyes.

The other guard slowly munch his bread and blandly reply "that was just a myth that people told to serve as entertainment-"

"but most myths are actually based on real events that people saw in the past!" the other guard excitedly cut the other off. The said guard could only roll his eyes then munch his bread like he doesn't really care. "The story were made according to what the situation the people witnessed,-" he became over excited that he stand up and said in a very strong and loud voice "-and told their children, to their grandchildren, to their grand-grandchildren, till those grandchildren of children is the next one that will tell their own children about the story! And because the story were told orally, over the time, the informations and the details will diffinately get misinterpreted or exaggerated! It's why I believe that the story is real."

Because of the loudness of his voice, everyone around them is now silent, looking at him like he is crazy. The other guy with him is still doing the same though." wow" is what he plainly replied. Realizing that the person he is talking to seems to be uninterested, he could only gloomily sat back down and eat his own food.

After the long journey that they did, this is the first time that they took the needed rest. All of the guards are on high alert as the shadow guards are scouting the area for any sign of danger.

Meanwhile, inside the emperor's tent. The substitute empress is still comfortly sleeping in the side while the Emperor is occupied with his workload.

The Emperor's eyelids are drop as his gaze are directed down to flip the pages of the record book he is studying. To the onlookers, His majesty's  expression is that of heavenly being. Serenity surrounded him like a golden halo. A bit tired and dozing, the emperor could not afford to sleep just yet, with everything's been happening in his empire for the past few months, this is really not something that he could ignore. He is reading the last written lines on that page when he suddenly felt a constricting pain in his chest. A heavy feeling that something bad is happening. His gaze snap towards the entrance of his tent. Emotions are hidden behind those cold eyes. Gao Xue Long slowly rises from his seat and took a steady stride, heading outside. The substitute empress slowly open his eyes and follow the Emperor's movement.

The moment the Emperor step out from his tent, boots stepping on to the dried soil. Everyone immediately straighten themselves in alert. Those who were moving like a snail quickly fasten their movements like there's a devil on their heels. The shadow guards as well positions themselves, ready to mobile.

The substitute Empress walk near the entrance and waits in a way that he will be able to make a move in case the emperor decides to take a walk.

However, Gao Xue Long wasn't bothered by what his soldiers reactions or what they were doing. His attention is solely directed to a certain direction. Gaze focus like he is looking onto something from a far.

Although they are not permitted to look, they couldn't help but take a couple of glances towards the Emperor. Those who realize that something is wrong become tense as they try to follow the Emperor's line of sight, the direction of the palace.

Glancing at the Emperor from time to time, the men are ready to receive any order that His Majesty might drop.

The atmosphere is heavy. A deafening silence that only your own heartbeat and breathing could be heard.

As if seeing something, the Emperor's eyes narrows with killing intent. The air surrounding him suddenly went dangerously low. Suffocating to those who are close with no exception.

Strong wind suddenly blasted from the Emperor. Thick fog of dust surrounding him like it was surprised by the disturbance. The soldiers quickly shielded their eyes with their arm as the strong wind and dust slap them allover like a strong wave of the ocean. A heavy thud on the ground then a blur figure catapulted into the sky, accompanied by a small tremors of the ground.

The shadow guards who are all positioned far from sight, but close enough to watch the emperor, are all stunned, eyes wide and mouth agape as they witnessed the emperor catapulted to the sky. GL Alpha immediately bark orders to follow.

He dash first then leap from trees to trees, quickly following the emperor who is already a dot in their eyes.

Something diffinately happened as the Emperor wouldn't react like that if any of his book was left behind.

The rest of the shadow guard couldn't believe their eyes. At that time, because they are all looking closely at the emperor, they just frown in wonder as they didn't know what he was about to do. They just saw him bend his kness a little bit and the next second, the emperor is already up into the sky catching them all off guard.

Meanwhile, the substitute Empress withdraw from the tent. He meet the Royal guard - Alma's gaze as he spotted him and nod. Indicating his leave to follow the Emperor without changing. Royal Guard Alma quickly understood as he nod back. The substitute empress vanished and Royal Guard Alma yelled orders to the rest of the guards who then scurried to get on their horses and follow as well. They only took a few steps forward before they meet the messed up looking messenger that came from the palace. Riding his horse quite awkwardly as an arrow and few bites and scratches are allover his body. The man is like barely holding on to dear life as he said in a hoarse and breathless voice . "A-attack... Dead.... Palace... Under.... Attack. Surge.... Ugh..." then he fall off his horse and collapse on the ground. Relief is what he felt as he successfully relay the message.

As for the guards, relief is far from what they feel. This is a state of emergency.

(11/3/19)5:20pm