Chapter 66

Days passed by like a blur and KT Xi felt the changes in a lot of ways. The emperor and him would always spend their time with each other's company. Even when they are not talking, the two are quite comfortable around each other now.

Sometimes, KT Xi could also notice how the Emperor became pretty much touchy and territorial to him that the more he does it, the more he's getting used to it. He kind of wonder why he's not protesting at all. In fact, he love the attention! Now that is really not normal.

Sitting in front of his comrades became really uncomfortable. The shadow guards are like mean detectives interrogating him like he's an infamous criminal, and that they are carrying the word justice on their shoulders.

With his arms crossed, LD Stigma being the leader of their group sat across the table from KT Xi and seriously ask with his serious and narrowed eyes. "Answer us honestly if you don't wanna know what we'll do to you. What did you do to his Highness? Why is he acting that way?"

The man getting interrogated casually lean back and cross his arms in defiance. his right eyebrow rise then stare back at LD Stigma's eyes sideways like a challenge.

"He even have those creepy smile sometimes." LD Stigma added.

Pfft... KT Xi's lips couldn't help but twitch to smile. He sigh tired due to their idiocy and shake his head in amusement. "Creepy is not a nice way to put it."

YU Delta also sigh and slap the back of his friend's head. LD Stigma hold the place where he was hit and turn to his friend like he was betrayed. "Hey!"

BH Omicron then adds. "Whatever it's called, those creepy smile did creeps me out! It's like a warning for everyone about a disaster that's about to come! So tell us, what did you do?"

"Well yeah, His Highness has only smiled like... I don't know, a once in a blue moon." JN Mu thoughtfully said.

"Look–" KT Xi shift his hair to the side, he lean closer and rest his crossed arms on the table. "Whatever you notice about the Emperor's behavior, I don't know okay? I am merely doing what I am tasked to do, and anything that I do does not affect the Emperor in any way. Got it?"

CH Koppa shake his head and said, "No, it was few days after the competition did we notice the sudden change of the emperor, we believe it have something to do with you or the victory that you gained." He countered, unconvinced.

KT Xi dreaded this kind of interrogation that he might face once he is with his comrades by himself. He did his outmost best to avoid the others by clinging onto DP Zeta's side this past few days, but now that Zeta have something going on, KT Xi is forced to be alone with the others.

Another headache came. He felt irritation build up fast and he have to control it.

Since the situation he is currently in is now inevitably impossible to escape from, KT Xi have no other choice but to dodge all/whatever question they have for him to avoid getting embarrassed.

He sigh tiredly. "Look, guys. Even if I wanted to answer your questions honestly, I can't, okay? I am completely clueless about your questions. And if indeed I know about those nonsense observations of yours, I will also have to keep it to myself, not because I wanted to keep it to myself, but because... remember, your questions is about the private life of the Emperor, don't you think this is kind of disrespectful to his majesty? Think about it." He said with seriousness on his tone. Looking at each and everyone's faces to see their their reactions upon his seemingly warning kind of statement.

Seeing all of them having a second thought, KT Xi secretly smirk. Well this might actually be easy to escape from. He thought and wanted to flip his hair. "Remember guys, we are his Majesty's sword and shield, our only task is to protect and follow his majesty for our entire lifetime... those questions... are not meant to be answered by me, if you guys are really curious, you might have to ask those questions to the emperor himself, for he is the only one that have the right to disclose those information about himself." His vision shift to the door and seemingly surprised, he exclaim. "Ah, GL Alpha and NS Beta are here,."

Right on cue, the two men enter the room and went to the center, facing everyone he spoke calmly. "Two days from now, His Highness travel will commence. Countless of security measures have been prepared by the security escort and Royal guards as the travel might take a few days... and quite dangerous too. To not cause any suspicions to them with our presence, me and Beta had already talked about our positions in the areas."

As the leader of the shadow guard explain this positions, the possible pro's and con's, all the shadow guard are listening intently to their leader, all jokes and childish behaviours are completely wiped out of their heads at the moment.

This shows their professional side when it comes to their jobs.

The threats are everywhere when they are outside the capital, many rebels and enemy armies might take this opportunity to assassinate the Emperor. The risk, all of them knew that.

After GL Alpha finished speaking, NS Beta finally spoke, he call. "KT Xi, as what his majesty the Emperor ordered us to do. We will all proceed to those locations, however, you will be more close to his majesty-" The way NS Beta speaks to him with complete seriousness on his tone, KT Xi knew where he'll be stationed at. And he might or might not like it. "-The Emperor is bringing the Empress with him, therefore you will be the close defense of His Majesty, got it?"

No other choice and have nothing against it. KT Xi nod firmly. "Leave it to me."

{(5/14/2019)...4:37pm}