Chapter sixty one S2 - Slumber

Uzui looked at you and Inosuke, "Who's he?"

You kept staring out the window so Ceoko responded for you, "Douma, apparently he was able to follow us here....."

"How does he know where we're going???" You could tell Inosuke was as confused as you were. He kept his hand on your arm.

You looked away from the window, "He must be trying to find a way on the train,"

"The thing is if he can get on unnoticed," Ceoko said while looking around.

"I'll go scope it out, if you hear me dying come after me or something," He got up and walked to the back of the train and maneuvered his way through the train carts.

You were a little impressed by his balance.

"If Douma really is here I won't be letting him get away," Uzui gave you support.

"Me too!!" Inosuke added in, you could tell he was smiling at you under his mask. You smiled back, you noticed his grip on your arm getting  tighter, not by much.

"I'm a good protector!" He said confidently.

"Yes, yes, you are," You were reminded of when you first met, the subtle act of reassuring him that he was that always got him hyped up.

Things were so... simple.

A few minutes of glancing around and listening for cat hisses or shrikes resulted with Ceoko coming back unharmed.

"I don't know where he is, I even asked a few people, but still nothing..." Ceoko seemed disturbed.

"I'll keep watch for the night, i'll make sure he doesn't get into this card," You volunteered.

"We'll take turns," Uzui said firmly, "Like having shifts, we can't make you stay up all night, no gentleman would do that,"

Inosuke nodded at the gentleman part, as if he was anything close to a gentleman.

"I would prefer to be asleep, i've done enough work already so... count me out," Ceoko crawled into his seat, already ready to take a nap.

"Of course you'd think like that, cat face," Inosuke insulted him, he earned a scowl from Ceoko.

"It's already pretty dark out so i'll keep watch first," You said while looking at Inosuke then Uzui and Ceoko.

"I'll stay up too!" Inosuke insisted.

"Right then, good night," Ceoko was already dozing off.

"I'm not tired yet either, it'll be better to have more people awake anyways," Uzui said even though he was looking kind of tired.

Everyone else in the train cart was asleep as well..

Maybe an hour passed by before Uzui was asleep, Ceoko wouldn't wake up either.

Just you and Inosuke now.

It was strange that they were so sleepy, you would think they would stay up just a little longer.

Now that you thought about it, everyone was strangely sleepy.

Even you wanted to close your eyes... just for a second.

Just three measly seconds....

Maybe five..

You know, six is a good number...

Inosuke woke you up with violent shaking before you could make it to seven.

"I'm good, I'm good, I'm good!!" You said as he kept shaking you.

"You can't fall asleep already, that would mean I would win," He puffed out his chest like he did something.

"Yeah, yeah, the big Inosuke stays up till 3 am, so scaryyy~!" You teased.

He flexed his muscles like it was a complement. You both laughed together.

You could almost forget why you were staying up in the first place.

You looked out the window, it was dark enough out now.. Had Douma really left?

It didn't sit right with you, you turned over to Inosuke.

"I win," You smiled as he silently snored.

You looked at him, you touched his mask and slowly peaked under it, he was asleep alright. Knocked out.

you put your hand on his cheek, he continued to snore.

"Well, isn't that adorable!" A voice said with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you couldn't tell the story is similar to the manga but not identical.

Thanks for reading!! Hope you enjoyed!!