Chapter thrity five - F i r e

The fire was made and Ceoko was awoken.

You clapped as Inosuke stood there with his hands on his hips proudly.

Ceoko just stared at the scene for a moment before saying something, " What did I miss?"

"F I R E !" You said excitedly.

"Yeah!!!" Inosuke added quickly.

"...... sounds.... fun....." Ceoko said slowly and smiled awkwardly.

He sat down at the end of the cave and watched you both.

Inosuke stabbed a fish with a stick and put it over the fire, you knew the fish was dead but you felt bad for it-

You put your fish over the fire as well, then Ceokos. Since you noticed his mouth was watering at the sight of fish-

A few minutes and the fish were ready, though Inosuke managed to burn his. You put the fire out before you spoke.

"Let's go eat in the cave!" You smiled.

Inosuke glared over at Ceoko, who glared back, then looked at you, you gave him the puppy dog eyes.

He hesitated and blushed a bit, "Okay, fine!"

"Yay!!!!" You snickered at your win and rushed over to the cave with Inosuke right behind you.

He stopped for a second to look around, you stopped as well, then Ceoko seemed to snap out of his food trance.

You heard leaves rustling, your ears twitched.

Everything was silent, nobody dared move.

Was there someone outside?

Your eyes were locked on the opening of the cave, then Inosuke suddenly shouted at the opening, "SHOW YOURSELF,  YOU WEAKLING,"

You nearly jumped out of your skin-

Apparently Ceoko almost did as well, he let out a very.... weird... high pitch.... cat noise-

A rabbit ran out of a nearby bush,

Oh.

That was the source of the noise....

You nearly had a heart attack.....

over a bunny.....

You let out a long breath of air you had been holding in, everyone else calmed down.
"Inosuke!" You yelled, he flinched and turned around, responding with, "What did I do!?!"

"You nearly killed Ceoko!!"

"No he didn't!! I'm perfectly fine!"

"It sounded like you were dying!" You said back.

He didn't seem to know what to say, Inosuke did though, "See!?!!? I did nothing wrong!"

"Well you scared that bunny!"

"It scared you first!" He said, you didn't know how to deny the truth-

"Well-! Maybe!-"

"See!?"

You realized this was a pointless argument so you just let him win.

"Ok, fine..." You said in a mumble, he grinned.

"Now that that's finished-" Ceoko said, then stole a fish from you, "Let's eat already,"

You took a chomp out of yours, Ceoko ate his in seconds, so did Inosuke.

Your ears twitched as you finished your food, there was that rustling again.

You shrugged it off thinking it was probably just that rabbit again.

Ceoko poofed into his cat form and groomed himself, "We have to start moving again,"

You nodded while Inosuke muttered an, "I know,"

Ceoko hopped in the bag that was left next to you, you closed it and picked it up.

You put it on Inosukes back, "You too," He said firmly.

"No," You picked up his mask, he looked confused.

"Yes," He threatened.

"Hmmmmmm, how about.... no!" Before he could say anything you added, "You carried me all night! I can walk myself,"

"I know you can! But I want you to get on!"

"Too bad!" You stuck your tongue out.

He suddenly ran at you, you screeched in panic-

You threw his mask on your head and ran outside the cave, he was fast but you were faster..... that was until he began speeding up. It didn't help that you couldn't see anything.

He captured you in a hug, you shrieked in even more panic, "Inosuke!!!!! Let me go!!"

He snickered evilly, "No!"

You tried to wiggle away but he was too strong.

"YOU'RE GOING TO THROW ME OUT OF THE BAG IF YOU DONT CALM DOWN," Ceoko yelled while clawing the bag for dear life.

Inosuke only spun around more, "IM GETTING DIZZY, STOP," Ceoko kept shouting.

You started laughing as Inosuke screamed, "MAKE ME,"

"INOSUKEEEEEE!!!!" You tried to yell through your laughter, "COME ON, LET GOOOOOOO,"

Good thing it was day time- you guys were.... extremely loud, but it was fun. It made you laugh and smile.

Inosuke was always able to do that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I promise something will happen- soon....ish
But, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!