Chapter thirty four - Fishing

You woke up from the light peeking through the cave opening. Ceoko was all the way in the back so it didn't even come close to him.

You noticed you had Inosukes mask in your arms but no Inosuke.

You sat up and looked around, your ears flicked as you heard something outside.

You set the mask down and peeked outside, you saw Inosuke trying to catch some fish in a river nearby.

He carried you and Ceoko all the way here! How is he not tired....?

He was able to catch some the first time you guys had met..... but now he seems distracted.

He wasn't even yelling at the fish!-

That much, I mean.

You tilted your head in confusion, he was stabbing the water multiple times in random places.

You stood at the opening of the cave for a second before deciding to help him.

"Inosuke!" You said excitedly, you were a little quiet since Ceoko was still asleep.

Not that he needed that much sleep anyways.

He looked over at you, his face lightened up. Your tails started to wag, "What are you doing?" You smiled.

"Catching us breakfast!" He said proudly, like he wasn't failing horribly.

You thought of a freshly cooked fish and it almost made your mouth water.
(A/N: sorry if you don't like fish-)

He continued to jab at the water, just barely missing the fish.

You went over to the edge of the water and looked down to see if any fish were coming.

This was your chance! You could do something amazing too! Maybe not have a person and a cat on your back and walk for miles, buttttt you could get some fish!

You made sure your shadow didn't cover the water and got your claws out. Inosuke was too focused on his jabbing to notice what you were doing.

There was a very small fish that went by, you decided to ignore it and go for a bigger one.

A minute passed and you found your opportunity, swiftly, you put your hand in the water, clawed a fish, and smacked it out of the water. It landed next to you with a "splat."

He looked over at the fish nearly dropping his swords in the water. You held the fish down so it didn't flip away.

His mouth opened in surprise, then a fire lit in his eyes, "I can do that too!"

"Can you?..." You said slowly.

He threw his hands in the water and tried to grab some of the fish but they all slipped out of his hands, instead of hitting them out he smacked them away.

*The poor fish.....*

The water wasn't freezing but it was still cold, "Do you want me to help you?" You tried to say.

"I can do it!" He kept trying, he almost got one- but he dropped it.

Soon all the fish were scared of going in that area.

"Try not to put your shadow over the water," you suggested.

He nodded and glared at the fish, which only scared them away more.

He bent back so his shadow didn't cover the water. A fish came by, it was small but still a fish. He smacked it out of the water and caught it.

"YEAH!" He let out a victory cry.

You smiled, "You did it!"

"Of course I did it!" He smiled and snickered.

The fish looked like a squeaky toy with the way he was grabbing it.

"Now, fire!" He practically screamed, not caring about Ceokos sleep.

"Y-yeah!" You we're hesitant with how loud to be.

He ran off to grab whatever materials he could find.

It was kinda nostalgic, doing this again.

But now, you had Ceoko as well. The whole experience with Douma... you wanted to forget it.... but at the same time, you almost didn't.

It feels good to be with friends again, the forest was lonely and dark....

To be honest, you didn't even remember how you got there, you don't remember how young you were when you got there...

How did you get there-?

Your train of thought was broken once Inosuke called your name, "I'm coming!" You called and ran after him.

Maybe..... you'll find out another day.

You were curious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!
I'm sorry for this being a filler, I didn't want to rush the end
Hope you enjoyed it!