Chapter forty - Surprise?

You looked back at Inosuke, his mask was covering his face but you could tell he was sad. This was the most quiet he had been in a long time.

You took a deep breath to calm yourself down, everything was okay now.....

"Let's.... start moving again.." You said quietly, Ceoko nodded.

You went over to Inosuke, he gave you a silent pat on the head. You gave him a small smile, you were happy he was here.

You glanced over at Ceoko, *Him too, I guess...*

Suddenly, your ears twitched. There was a sound, multiple sounds, they sounded like footsteps.

Your eyes drifted towards the crescent moon,  then there was a lightning bolt, but not from the sky.

It was coming from a set of trees with a structure near it, instead of the sky. There weren't even any clouds. Inosukes eyes immediately fell over there.

Ceokos ears perked up, his eyes went over there as well.

You noticed that's where the sounds were coming from, you sniffed the air, so did Ceoko.

There were mixed scents of demon and human....

Someone was fighting a demon.

You immediately looked at Ceoko with a face of worry, then you looked at Inosuke.

"What happened?" Inosuke asked quickly.

"There's a fight over there," You mumbled.

Suddenly you were picked up and flung on Inosukes shoulder, "Then what are we waiting for?! We have a demon to slay!" He ran off, leaving Ceoko behind.

"HEY!" Ceoko hissed as he transformed into a cat and sprinted after Inosuke.

You blushed and giggled at Inosukes sudden action. You waved at Ceoko who was just behind Inosuke.

He just gave you a little cat glare, it was adorable.

(A/N: A-boar-able HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH)

In mere seconds you were able to see what was happening.

It looked like there was a house, it looked new but the old at the same time. The scents had gotten stronger, multiple humans but two demons!

Inosuke slowed down once you reached the house, they were inside there.

Both of the demons didn't smell too powerful, but one stood out to you.

They seemed..... strange in a way, it was coated with the scent of human but that demon smell was so unique it stood out.

You heard a shriek that made you flinch, it was one of the humans!

Inosuke looked at Ceoko before he dashed in, still carrying you on his shoulder, "Wait-!"
It was too late.

All three of you entered the house, the smell was coming from upstairs, "They're upstairs!" You said quickly, Inosuke rushed you there and let you down once he reached the top.

It was a long hallway, the smell was getting closer.

You started running towards a door, Inosuke and Ceoko quickly ran after you.

You slammed the door open to reveal, the two humans and two demons.

The first thing you noticed was their uniforms, they were demon slayers.

Both of the demon slayers were male, one had red hair, the other yellow. Inosuke let out a battle cry which made the yellow haired boy shriek.

The red haired boy just looked at you with pure confusion, he had kids behind him who looked terrified.

To be honest, you were confused too. Ceoko just looked done with this already.

Their was a female demon next to the red haired boy, she had long hair with orange tips at the end. It was strange..... it didn't look like she was attacking the demon slayers-

Meanwhile the demon that was all the way across the room had drums on both of his shoulders and another on his stomach.

It banged all three of them in an order and the room began to move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEHeHEHeheHE, surprise! So, I suppose you've noticed I decided to add them in, sorry if they seem out of character or anything!

As always, thanks for reading!