Skye

She couldn't sleep, she had been trying for over an hour now, but sleep didn't come easy to her, and she kept turning and twisting on her bed. A bed that she has now come to realise is extremely uncomfortable, she had grown used to the bed in Avenger's tower. Leaving the small room, she decides to head for the kitchen, hopping to find some calming tea to help her fall asleep. The further into the base she gets, something catches her ear. Hearing the faint sound of music, Skye turns direction and soon finds herself outside of Coulson's office.

Seeing as the door is slightly ajar, she gives it a slight push to be able to see what is going on inside. The scene that greets her is something she never thought she would be seeing, Coulson standing in the back of his office, carving something into the back wall. Moving silently into the office, she looks at his work, seeing how focus he is on the carving. Seeing the knife break, his focus breaking with it.

"Damn it."

She hears him says, shaking her head, she stretches out her arm to turn of the music. As the room groves silent, Coulson quickly turns around, his eyes growing big when they land on her. Crossing her arms, she lifts one eyebrow, waiting for him to say something.

"I didn't mean to wake you."

Rolling her eyes at his comment, she lowers her arms once more.

"Do I look like I've been sleeping?"

She asks him and she can see a slight confusion in his eyes over this, she does however shake that off for now and looks towards the wall.

"Why do I get a feeling this is something May should be here for."

"I don't want to wake her."

"Do you really think she's asleep?"

This comment somehow managed to get Coulson to smile, a smile that is gone within seconds and Skye can feel another person behind her. Knowing fully well who it is from Coulson's reaction, she doesn't worry about, she does however mimic one of May's many stands.

"She's not."

She hears May answer her own question and Skye can't help but to smile, she can't help but to feel slightly sorry for Coulson in this moment. Since she had gotten back to the base, every moment she has been finding herself alone, she has been trying to come up with a good idea of how to tell him about where she has been and what happened. But how do you best tell the man you have come to see as a father figure that you have been hiding a brain tumour for a majority of the time that you have been with the team.

But seeing him now, covered in sweat and completely devoted to what ever it is he's carving. She didn't feel now would be the best time to give him more to think about. But she also knows that when day comes and he have managed to get some type of rest, he will start asking her about her secret mission.

"So, what is this even?"

She asks instead, turning her attention completely on the wall, from the corner of her eyes she can however see Coulson and May looking at one another. Another one of their perfect silence conversations is happening right beside her and she rolls her eyes. Following the carving markings, she narrows her eyes slightly and leans her head to the side, something told her she had seen these markings before. Memories of the Obelisk and random markings left after Garrett's when they got the BUS back.

"When did you start doing this?"

She asks instead, changing direction. She can feel that Coulson and May turn their attention towards her instead, she ignores them however as she takes a few steps towards the wall.

"First night I saw Garrett's writings... it just triggered something in me."

Coulson starts to explain, a bit to her surprise.

"What do you think caused it?"

"The GH-formula, most likely."

She didn't like the sound of that answer, moving her head slightly so she could see May, she can see that the older agent, her mother figure didn't like it either.

"Garrett and I were both injected... not a coincidence."

Coulson continues and Skye can feel a chill go through her body.

"Yeah, but so was I, and I haven't written anything like that."

"Which is either very good, or a whole different kind of scarry, which is why we had to monitor you."

Hearing the last part made Skye turn quickly, eyes narrowed as she looks at Coulson and May. Seeing the slight surprise in May's own eyes, Skye directs her anger directly towards Coulson instead.

"Whoa, wait. Monitor? That is a very specific word."

"We didn't tell you about this because we wanted to passively observe... see if the writing would trigger something in you."

"So, what... you guys put, like, tiny cameras in my bunk?"

"Not in your bunk, but I think you're focusing on the wrong details here."

She had to take a deep breath; she had started to work herself up on the fact that he had have her monitored the whole time they have been on the base. Once she was calm enough, she starts to go over the conversation they have had.

"I didn't react the same way."

"Right. I believe Garrett and I had a negative reaction to the alien DNA in our system. Maybe you didn't... because it was already there."

Coulson explains, being quite careful as he speaks the last part.

"Yeah, right, like I'm an alien."

Skye can't help the heavy sarcasm in her voice as she speaks it. Seeing as Coulson's face doesn't change, she freezes up slightly.

"Hold on. Are you saying that I am an alien?"

"It's a theory..."

"No, a theory is what scientists use to prove things in nature. This is you telling me that I might be an alien!"

And the anger was back, but deep down she can almost hear herself say that it would explain the brain grape.

"That is not something you just say like it is no big deal."

"I was trying not to rattle you."

"Well, guess what... epic fail!"

Before she has a chance to grow angrier, May have placed herself between her and Coulson, her right hand placed on Skye's shoulder.

"Calm down, deep breaths."

May speaks in a low voice, following the order, Skye only realises that May have said the order in Mandarin once she has calmed down enough. May had insisted that she started to learn a second language when she had started to train her, and Skye had only agreed to learn a second one if it was Mandarin. At least she's happy she still remembers what she has been taught before going away to the Avengers.

Closing her eyes, Skye tries to piece things together in her head. It was far too much information that had been given to her this night and she's not sure she should even know half of it. Opening her eyes once more, she turns her attention back to the wall one last time.

"Does... Does it just appear in your mind, like some sort of vision?"

"No. It just... kind of happens, which is really frustrating because no matter how much I crave, it still means nothing to me. I don't even have a theory."

Coulson explains, Skye's eyes locked on the carvings in front of her.

"I do."

She suddenly hears herself speak.

"It's a map."