Melinda May

She didn't like the sound of that and hearing the words coming from Skye as she stands right in front of the carving, didn't help her either. When she had made the call to get Skye back, this right here is the last thing she would have expected to happen. Collecting herself, she has a feeling she will need to step up right now, but as a tiny knock can be heard from the office door, the three heads in the room turns towards it. No one answered the knock, but the door opens slightly, and Fitz sticks his head in through the crack.

Surprise can be seen in his eyes at first, the surprise doesn't last long and Melinda get's the feeling that what ever have just happened, it's something bad.

"Yes Fitz?"

Phil asks, being the first one to speak up.

"You have a call on line 1, sir."

Fitz answered, his voice low, a hint of fear in it as he speaks.

"Really not a good time."

"You're gonna want to take this call."

Fitz says, somehow managed to add a bit more force to his voice, Melinda can however hear the slight tremble in it. Turning her attention back to Skye, she sees the young agent has turned her own attention back to the carving and she doesn't like it.

"Take the call."

She orders Phil, not even looking at him, her attention turns back to Fitz however.

"Take her out of here."

Is the second order she makes and Fitz springs to action without questioning it. Moving past both her and Phil, not even looking at Phil as he does, he reaches Skye. Melinda sees how he puts one hand on the young woman's shoulder and whispers something in her ear, something that managed to snap Skye back to reality. As she looks at Fitz, he moves his hand to take hold of her hand and starts to lead her out of the room, door closing behind them.

She can feel Phil's eyes on her the moment the door closes, and she knows her oldest friend have a few questions about what just happened. Ignoring that for now, she simply points towards the phone, simply to remind him that he has a call waiting for him. Seeing how Phil takes a deep breath, he turns towards the desk and takes hold of the phone.

"Hello. Somehow, I suspect that's the point."

She listens to what he says, trying to figure out who in their right mind would be calling them at this time of hour.

"What do you want, Raina?"

And there it was, not a person in their right mind and the last name she wants to hear in this moment. Happy that she sent Skye away from the room, knowing fully well how the younger agent would react if she heard the name. She knows fully well that she still has nightmares from the time when they found Phil, they might not be as many as they had been when they first got him back, but they are still there. Whatever that woman want's, it's nothing good and right now, they don't need more complications. They have enough problems as it already is.

-X-X-X-X-X-

"Still nothing."

Rolling her eyes at Hunter's comment, Melinda tries to keep it together. Why Coulson insisted to take him along for this mission is beyond her.

"Copy that."

She answered, keeping her place at the door into the kitchen, eyes on Coulson who is sitting alone in the middle of the restaurant. As much as she dislikes having Hunter on the mission, she hates the whole mission overall. After all, last time Coulson was left alone with that woman he got drugged and kidnapped after all.

"You ask too much."

She hears the chef complain behind her and she rolls her eyes.

"My food... it suffers from this intrusion."

"We have been over this. You and your staff will be well compensated for your help."

Skye speaks behind her, at least she has someone she can fully trust with her, because she doesn't trust Coulson's sanity in this moment.

"Incoming at 4:00"

"The tiny girl in the flower dress?"

Melinda rolls her eyes at Hunters comment, feeling how Skye places herself beside her, she knows fully well that she is rolling her eyes herself. And now the wait, hearing everything that is being said at the table and Melinda can feel how she starts to grow more worried and restless for each moment.

"Is she hitting on him?"

The share confusion in Hunter's voice when he asks the question almost makes Melinda turn of his part in all of this.

"Yep. That's what she does."

She hears Skye answer however and she sends Skye a small warning about being quiet. Seeing how Skye shrinks back slowly, she puts a hand on her shoulder to at least show some affection.

"And in return, what do you want?"

"From you? Nothing. But I will need to take Skye with me."

Hearing the last line, Melinda can feel how Skye freezes up beside her and she can't blame the young agent. In this very moment, Melinda regrets to even call her back in. If she had known this would have happened, she would have let Skye stay with the Avengers for a bit longer, to keep her safe from what ever wicked plan that woman is having.

"Where are you planning on taking Skye?"

"Somewhere she's always wanted to go... to meet her dad."

After that, things just happened in a blur. Hunter tagged her and as she and Phil tries to figure out what to do next, Skye managed to escape out the back way and was gone. They had at least managed to get a location out of Raina where her father is hiding, and it wasn't a nice place. The closer the got to the location, the more worried she grows. Remembering the line Agent Lumley had told them about her is playing through her mind once more.

Finally reaching the location, they split up, the only thing going through her mind right now is to find Skye and make sure she's alright. Passing one of the rooms, she finds her, standing with a flashlight in one hand and a picture frame in the other. Entering the room, she carefully places her hand on Skye's shoulder, knowing fully well her young rookie will jump, she wouldn't have heard her enter.

Seeing how Skye turns around to look at her, she can see how she's about to break down and she does the first thing she can think of, pulling the young woman into a tight hug. She should have left her with the Avengers, she shouldn't have to go through all of this. Hearing how Skye starts to cry in her embrace, she holds her closer to her.

"It's alright, it's going to be alright."

She whispers, hopping it will calm her down, at least enough so they can get out of here.

"So, is this a group-hug-type situation?"

Hearing Hunter ask behind her, Melinda takes in a deep breath, calm herself down enough to not try and kill the other agent.

"Just go and find Coulson."

She orders, not even looking at him, all her focus is on the still crying Skye in her arms. Hearing Hunter walk away, she starts to comb her hand through Skye's hair in another try to calm her down.

"How about we head back to base, I'm quite sure Fitz have some of your favorite things hidden away."

She asks, feeling how Skye nods her head against her, she starts to lead Skye out of the building, there wasn't any need to have her see anything else in there.