Melinda May

As the elevator doors closes in front of her, Melinda takes a deep breath to collect herself before turning around the meet the group in front of her, all who has their eyes locked on her. With a quick glance towards Maria and a small nod of her head. Her former boss realizes what she was saying and starts to push the group towards the couches. The explanation was going to take time and it would be easier for everyone if they were already sitting down for it. Once they were all seated, Melinda could see that Natasha was once again about to ask what is going on and with a quick scan on the other Avengers, she could see that the former Russian spy wasn't the only one.

"For those who isn't aware of who I am, I'm agent Melinda May. The agent's that is with me is Leo Fitz and Skye."

Seeing the question in the Avengers eyes and the fact that Captain Rogers were about to point something out. Melinda simply holds up her hand to silent him but seeing that it didn't help she looks at Natasha who quickly slaps him.

"Trust me Cap, let her finish speaking before you ask questions."

Clint tells his teammate before turning to look at Melinda with a nod of her head. With a look of surprise, Melinda looks at Natasha once more and she could see that her old friend had the same surprise in her eyes. Shaking the feeling about worry for now, she knew she would be able to handle Clint at any time.

"S.H.I.E.L.D still exist, it's being rebuilt by a group that Fury trusted; well trust as much as Fury does that is. It's still in a buildup status."

"Can we get back at hand, what is wrong with Skye?"

From the corner of her eye, Melinda could see that this time it was Stark who was about to make another comment. Natasha was fast enough to realize this and shut him up before she could send out a warning.

"It turns out that Skye had a brain tumor when we first picked her up from that van. According to Fitz, she had had it since 13 and she was living on overtime already."

"Wait, if she has had a brain tumor since 13; how can she be alive up until now?"

Bruce, who had been sitting furthers away from Natasha to be stopped asked. The different between him asking and the others during this moment was something Melinda didn't see a problem with. She just wished she didn't have to see the memories from that day once more or even have to speak about it.

"A while back, before S.H.I.E.L.D fell, we were out on a mission that went wrong. Skye, on her own accord; followed the man we were tailing. According to her we had come to far to lose the trail once more, so she left Fitz to take care of the cars outside of the building and entered it by herself and with the rest of us not even close to the building. It all resulted in two bullet wounds to the stomach."

She had closed her eyes at this, memories of finding Skye down in that cellar; the blood coming from her wounds, her she had lost the color of her skin and there had been no. With a shake of her head and a deep breath; Melinda pulled herself back together.

"She was in a very bad state when we finally found her and if the room didn't already contain a hyperbaric chamber, we would have lost her right there. It didn't by much time, and they couldn't save her at the hospital. However..."

She put more power into the however when she could see that Stark was once more about to open his mouth. Turning her attention to Maria, she spoke the next few lines; knowing fully well that the woman beside her what she was really saying next.

"Due to a member of our team, we knew there was someone that could help her. Someone that has proved to do the impossible before. Turns out that someone was a something; a serum going under the name of GH-325. At the time we don't know its origin, but it helped; in more ways than we could have thought. It healed the gun wounds, and it also took away the tumor."

With another pause in her speech, she let everything she had said sink in properly and she could see from the look in Maria's eyes that Coulson had failed to report what had truly happened that day. She knew that if Maria could, she would call Coulson right now and ask him what he was doing but she also knew that something else most be going on if it's just Melinda, Fitz and Skye here and now and as to why Melinda would bring them here and not back to base.

"I take it that the tumor returned back then."

Bruce speaks up once more and Melinda nods her head at this, expect from that there was a heavy silence in the room, and she could see that the team was looking at one another.

"She tried to hide it from me and the others, didn't go well..."

A snort of laughter could be heard from both Natasha and Clint at this and Melinda turns her attention towards them. When they realize, she was looking at them and the hidden smile the shrinks back slightly. They knew they were about to be put on the line any minute.

"Alongside with Fitz, we found out that it was back. I called in a favor with my mother and got her to a hospital right away to deal with the problem in our hands. Which leads us to the favor you two owes me. Now, she needs a proper place to stay to heal up, a safe place and thanks to Maria; a place with the proper medical supplies that she needs."

Melinda finally finishes off, looking at each one of them; challenge them to go against her on the decision. When no one did, she turns towards Maria who nods her head.

"Good, now I need to check up on Skye to make sure she is alright."

She tells them, turning and heads for the elevator. She needed the moment alone to get her mind right once more.