Melinda May

If there is one thing she's over, it's dealing with Asgardians. Dealing with anything that is alien related in this moment over all is something she has grown very tired of. And right now, they have other things to deal with than the female Asgardians warrior and the Kree. Everything has just gone downhill since Raina had shown her face again.

Now they are missing two agents, granted one sadly died, the other run away. She had left Skye with Simmons and Fitz, only to learn that the younger agent was gone, and no one knows where she had gone. She had called a few times and she know Phil and Simmons have done the same, she on the other hand stopped a day later, realising where the young girl might be. Simmons and Phil stop when Fitz gives the two of them the guilt trip of the year.

The engineer had been right in what he had told them too. Both Phil and Simmons were complaining that Skye had left without saying a single word and Fitz had snapped after two days. Telling them that he understood why she left, telling them that he doesn't blame her for not wanting to be around them. She had seen Trip die down in that city, and the first thing that happens when she is rescued is to be locked up on a glass box, being pocked at and no one to fully talk to about what happened.

This had placed everyone on the team on the edge for a little bit and they had a lot to think about that evening. Fitz himself had after that locked himself up in his room and May is quite sure he spent the rest of the evening working on the project that Stark wanted his help with. Deep down, she knows she should be slightly angry with him for not giving out the proper information, then she remembers that she can't be angry with him. They had after all done the same thing when she learned about Skye's brain tumour.

Fitz is simply being the older bigger brother she knows he is, and it warms her heart to see that he is still trying to protect her no matter what. Which makes her extra happy when the last piece of the puzzle is being placed in front of her. She has been wondering why Fitz decided to send Skye back to the Avengers after they find out that Skye is alright, and nothing has change.

But with the information Lady Sif has now dropped on them, she understands what Fitz have done and why he had not said anything. All she can do now is to try and make sure the rest of the team doesn't realise what is going on, to continue to protect Skye from her own team. How she could have missed all of this is beyond her, she had after all promised herself that she would keep a very close eye on Skye, especially after missing the fact that she was in pain.

"Was anyone else with this woman that turned?"

Lady Sif asks, pulling her back into the here and now once more. She, Phil, Lady Sif and the Kree are standing in the kitchen, not the best place to be having a conversation like this but there isn't much they can do about this now.

"Two of our agents, one lost their life."

Phil starts to explain, and Melinda quickly looks at him. She can see that he is thinking, and this is the time to step in.

"The second agent was kept in lockdown once we got back. Her DNA never change so we believe she wasn't properly inside the chamber when it all went down."

She speaks up, turning her attention towards the Asgardian warrior and the Kree. With narrowed eyes, she challenges them to say anything about it all. She can also feel how Phil is looking at her and glancing towards her oldest friend, she can see that he slightly nods his head. She could see that there was still a hint of worry in his eyes. She could see that for a few seconds he had been worried that Skye had also been changed. From the corner of her eye, she can see how Lady Sif is about to say something, Melinda turns her attention back to her once more.

"We have seen the blood tests, she's the same girl she was when she entered the city, nothing changed. Except for the fact that she needs time off due to the death of a close friend."

She peaks up before Lady Sif has a chance to speak up. Locking eyes with the warrior she had once seen as her equal last time they had crossed paths, now she's very happy that Skye isn't in the building because she doesn't know what would happen to the young woman. Seeing how Lady Sif takes in the information she has just been given, there is a hint of disbelief in her eyes.

But there isn't much more than she can say or do, Melinda had made sure of that, and she can hear Phil take over the conversation, hearing that he promises to handle the Raina problem which fits her very well. The less Asgardians on the planet the better. She can also hear how Phil promise that they will take her and the Kree to a point where Heimdall can beam them up.

This was a part she isn't all to happy to be a part of, but she guesses it's for the best, just to be fully sure that the two of them leave this planet. She also knows that Phil will be having quite a few questions of his own that is best not asked within the walls of the base. Feeling Phil's eyes on her, Melinda takes in a deep breath and nods her head. Turning, she starts to lead the group down to the garage. She can see how the other agents are keeping away when they see them walking down the corridor, and she appreciate that.

Entering the garage, she can tell that something is wrong, as she quickly looks around herself, she tries to figure out what is wrong. But knowing that she has a very little time limit on getting ride of the aliens behind her, she lets it go for now. Walking towards one of the large SUV's she enters and starts the car.

The drive to the spot is a silent one and once they reach it, Melinda stays at the car. She watches as Phil says good by to Lady Sif and how she and the Kree gets pulled into the beam. She's leaning towards the car as Phil returns, his attention is turned towards the mark that is left on the ground.

"She is alright Phil, you saw the blood, her DNA wasn't altered. She will return once she is ready. Fitz is right, we didn't handle this well, we need to let her heal on her own. She's a strong young woman, she can handle herself."

She tells her old friend, knowing fully well what he wants to talk about, and she can hear how Phil takes in a deep breath. She knows fully well how tired he is, how little sleep he has gotten since this all went down, and it wasn't much sleep he got before that either due to the writing on the wall. Having Trip die and Skye disappearing really took a lot out of him.

"I know, I just couldn't help but feel worried."

"I know, but we have to trust in Skye."

She tells him and she can see how Phil nods his head at this. Taking this as a que that it was time to head back, Melinda moves and enter the car. Another silent ride back to the base and as she drives into the garage, she finally realises what is wrong. A car is missing from the garage, a car she knows had been there earlier that day. Narrowing her eyes, she parks the SUV she is driving and step out of it.

Before she has time to start asking about why a car is missing, her eyes lands on a nervous looking Simmons, waiting in the door opening. Hearing how Phil walks up to stand beside her, she ends up crossing her arms.

"What is it Simmons?"

She hers Phil asks, and she can see how the biochemist starts to chew her lip.

"Is this about the missing car?"

She asks and from the corner of her eyes she can see that Phil starts to look around himself in the garage, of course he didn't realise that something is missing.

"Leo's mother called, when you were all talking to Lady Sif and the Kree. Something happened apparently and he left, but he should be back once everything is in order."

She tells them and she can see how Phil nods his head. She can see how he starts to talk to Simmons, she on the other hand looks towards where the car he had taken should be. She has a hard time believing that Fitz left to see his mother, something must have happened to Skye, and he had left as quickly as possible.

In this moment, she wants to call to make sure her kids are alright but remembering that neither of them have told her what is going on, she lets it go for now. When they feel ready to tell her they will.