Skye

"Hey, I know that you are scared and worried. But this is Coulson, yes, he might be angry and feeling hurt right now. But you know just as well as I do that, he won't be able to stay mad at you for long, especially once everything we have told him finally sinks in."

Leo whispers in her year, he had placed one arm around her shoulder, giving her a supportive sideways hug.

"I know, I know."

She can hear herself answer, surprised over how broken her own voice is. Glancing up, she can see a small shift in Coulson's eyes and she's not sure what to really do in this moment.

"How about we let the two of you talk. I guess we should go out there and make sure the rest of our team haven't made the Avengers or Maria angry."

May points out, and Skye can feel that her SO has put a hand on her other shoulder. Feeling the comfort coming from the two people that has become her closes family during all of this, Skye feels how most of her worries starts to fade away once more. The conversation with Coulson just now has gone a lot better than she first thought at least, so that was always something.

"Like they would be stupid enough to try and pick a fight with the Avengers."

Leo comments, making Skye roll her eyes.

"Yeah, especially after Maria pulling a gun towards Tony and Leo here yelling at them all."

She adds, only to have Leo let go of her shoulder only to hit it instead.

"Ouch, you're lucky Maria isn't here to see this!"

"Oh please, the only three people that will get away with hitting you are Natasha, me and May."

Leo answer with a laughter and Skye rolls her eyes, knowing fully well that her brother is right.

"You know what, get out of here. I'm so done with you."

She tells him with an eyeroll, making Leo laugh even more. He crashes his shoulder with hers before heading for the door. Shaking her head as he leaves, Skye turns to see that May and Coulson is looking at her, lifting one eyebrow at them, she tries to figure out what is going on in their mind at what has happened in front of them. She has a feeling that she knows what is going through May's head, she has seen this action between her and Leo many times now. For Coulson, this is a lot more different from what has been going on back when they lived on the BUS.

Locking her eyes with May, she can see the question her SO is asking her and she takes a deep breath and shakes her head. May had only mention that she and Leo should leave to give Coulson and herself some time alone to work things out, just to get Leo out of the room. What she wanted was to know if Skye still needs her around for what is coming next. Hearing what Leo had whispered to her only minutes before, she knows she should be able to handle Coulson by herself.

And if she were to need back up, she can always shake the building and Maria and Leo will be coming running in a heartbeat. May nods her head, with one last squeeze on her shoulder, the older agent follows Leo. With a deep breath, Skye turns her attention fully to Coulson now and she can see the mix of emotion in his eyes. Seeing how he is leaning towards his desk; his eyes travel down to her laptop once more and Skye turns her attention towards the picture showing.

Deep down she wishes she could just turn time back properly, to a time where none of this has happened and where the GH-325 in effect in her body, keeping the brain grape away. But she knows very well, that with her luck, noting was ever going to be easy for her.

"13 years old?"

Coulson finally speaks up, as she let's out a deep sigh, Skye nods her head before heading back to the couch once more. She really needed to be sitting down for this.

"13 years old and already having an expiration date."

She tells him, trying to make a joke only for it to fall flat at the tired voice it comes out in. She has been using that line so many times to lighten the mode of the horrible part of her life, now it just falls flat. Seeing how Coulson sits down besides, Skye decides to just let him lead this whole part.

"Why didn't you just tell us?"

"Well, when we first learned about the brain grape, the family I lived with decided to send me back. I knew that would be the last, no one wants to deal with a kid that has a brain tumour and know that they don't have that long left. I learned it was just easier to keep quite about it and not having people stay away from me or treat me differently."

Skye explains, her eyes on her hands as she starts to play with the gloves once more. She couldn't help to wonder if she's developing a new habit in all of this.

"We wouldn't have."

Coulson comments and Skye turns her attention towards him, lifting one eyebrow. She didn't have to say anything, she sees the moment he realises what else have been said that day. Lowering his head, Skye gives him a small smile.

"I have learned that it's in most people's nature, they want things to be the way they have always been. Changes like this, having a brain tumour, going through head trauma or ending up getting powers, it's big things and it will take time to get use to it. But when you feel that the people around you wont even try, it hurts."

She tells him, remembering how she and Leo have talking about this once before, when she first moved in with the Avengers.

"The Avengers, they are a large group that covers up all the craziest parts that can happen to anyone, they were ready to help someone get through these crazy things. I just never expected may to use her favour on me."

She then adds and she can feel how Coulson looks at her. Shaking her head, she can almost hear what he is saying, and she knows very well what it is, Maria and Natasha have told her that of course May would be doing something like this. It's in her nature to protect the people she cares about, to any length.

"But you could of have told me."

Coulson speaks up and Skye's smile falls.

"I wanted to; I was trying to decide if I should just have let May tell you when she returned back to the base after making sure I was alright with the Avengers. But that would have meant you would drop everything to come and see me."

She starts to explain, seeing how the older agent beside her is about to open his mouth and go against her, she uses the same look she has seen May use so many times and he closes his mouth. He knows very well that he would have just dropped it all.

"I was going to tell you what had happened when May called me back, but then you told me I was part alien and well... things went down hill fast from that. I never had the time to sit down and actually have this conversation."

She finishes explaining and silence fall. Skye kept her eyes on the floor now, waiting to hear what else Coulson have to say.

"So, the only once that knows about this is Melinda, Fitz and the Avengers?"

"And May's mother, she's the one that made sure we got Dr Strange. And Pepper of course, but that goes without saying."

From the corner of her eye, she can see how Coulson smiles a bit about that.

"And what about the rest of the team?"

Closing her eyes at this question, Skye comes to realise she haven't even thought about telling anyone else. Not after what she has seen today and what she had been told when they had her in lockdown.

"I'm not sure if I even want them to know."