Skye

Feeling how she is shaking, Skye opens her eyes and quickly sits up, feeling how her head spins at the sudden action.

"Careful Skye."

She hears Maria say, and a hand is being place on her shoulder to steady her properly. It's in that moment that she realises she had been sleeping a dreamless sleep and nothing had been shaking around her when she woke up. Glancing towards the side, her eyes lands on Maria who is looking at her out of worried.

"You didn't wake up when I called your name."

The former agent tells her, and that explains why she had felt as if she had been shaking but it had not been her powers being. Maria had been shaking her shoulders in a try to wake her up, which she is grateful about, she had been asleep long enough to end up having a nightmare.

"What happened?"

She asks, trying to remember last night, and she pulls a hand through her tangled hair. She really should try and get herself together.

"You fell asleep as we were watching Once, I paused the episode so you didn't miss much."

Maria explains and Skye is happy at least to hear that.

"But, why did you wake me? Your the one who has been trying to get me to sleep every moment you enter my room since I got here."

"Well, Natasha showed up, apparently Thor is down stairs and she thought you would want to know about that."

Hearing the explanation, Skye's eyes grows big at the news. Hearing the fact that Thor is actually in the building at the moment is one thing Skye didn't expect to happen. After living with this group for so long, she had given up hope on meeting then God of thunder. Remembering how May had agreed with her that he was dreamy makes her smile.

"I do suggest you take a shower and change clothes. I'll head down stairs to make sure he doesn't leave."

Maria says, she has started to smile when Skye did. Nodding her head, Skye slowly starts to move from her bed. It was quite clear that she hasn't been moving around much for the last couple of days, her body is stiff, so a shower is well needed.

Slowly and steady she reaches her bathroom and enters. She can hear the door to her own room open and close, signalling that Maria has left her room. Leaving Skye to her own mind.

Thinking back on the last few days, thinking back on what have gone down since Leo told her about her powers, Skye knows that hiding away from the people that can help her understand all of this isn't the best move she has made. But at the same time, she remembers what her own team have been saying, what Simmons had told her about it all. So of course, she had ended up hiding away, she didn't want to hear the same things coming out of the Avengers, even if she knows deep down, she has nothing to worry about., Maria has made sure to prove that to her.

Feeling the warm water wash over her, Skye leans her head back and closes her eyes. Feeling how she starts to relax, she takes a few deep breath in. Letting her mind wander, her second day back, Skye realises she will need to turn off the sound on her phone. Simmons kept calling her every other hour, Coulson have at least gone down to calling only three times a day. May had stopped calling after the first night, the only one she answer when they call is Leo and most of the times, he has only been able text her. At least his texts have been informant on what is going on at the base.

The team is slowly healing from the knowledge of Trip not returning, all about Coulson's and Simmons try to find and take in Raina. And then there is the whole team asking about where she is, Leo is keeping quiet and according to him, he thinks that May might now. He still hasn't told her about what have gone down, but after what Leo has told her and the fact that May has stopped calling is that she knows something is up. And just like last time, she will wait until they are ready to speak.

Leaving the shower, a couple of minutes later, she gets dressed and stops in front of the mirror. This is the first time since she had gotten her powers that she has looked at herself. After hearing all the talk about Raina changing and the fact that her DNA have completely change, Skye would expect herself to change too, and no one have said anything about her new look just to be nice to her. But what she sees in the mirror is her old self, or rather, a very tired version of herself.

Leaning in closer to the mirror, Skye looks at the bags that has been forming under her eyes. She really should listen to Maria and try and get more sleep, or at least see if she can get hold of something that will knock her out. Thinking about it, Tony would probably be the best choice to ask for something like that, or maybe Pepper. If anyone would know how to knock out the person that sleep less than everyone combined, it would be her.

Deciding that there is nothing she can do in the moment, Skye takes a deep breath to steady her nerves. She didn't want to cause an earthquake in a moment like this. Once she is sure she is ready to handle what ever is waiting for her downstairs, Skye heads for the elevator.

"Jarvis, take me to where the others are."

She asks the system, she had after all made sure that he was up and running before she left, after all, the Avengers needed someone to keep them going. And Tony would have been very angry with her if Jarvis was still offline when she left.

As the elevator comes to a stop, Skye takes one last deep breath as the door opens and she steps out. Lifting her eyes, Skye is meet with a scene she would never expect to happen. Natasha, Clint and Steve are standing to the line, all three at the ready. Tony is looking between Thor and Maria, not sure what is going on and Bruce is no where to be seen.

The moment they all realise she has joined them, Thor moves to point his hammer at her, lightning jumping around it. As Skye takes a step back out of surprise, Maria places herself between Skye and the hammer, her eyes locked on Thor.

"You lay one finger on her, and I will let the Hulk do the same thing he did to your brother during the battle of New York."