Skye

The moment she steps through the elevator doors, finding herself in the living room, Skye knew things were about to go down. Maria had told her to comedown; she couldn't hide in her assigned room for the rest of her stay. She had told the former S.H.I.E.L.D agent that May had ordered her to bedrest when she had left, only to have Maria ask when she had started to follow orders. Realizing that she had no way out, Skye just gave in.

Now, seeing that Maria was standing in front of Tony, Steve, Bruce, Natasha, Clint and Pepper, clearly waiting for her to join them, and Skye knew why. She had tried to push this conversation for two days now, hench her hiding in her room. She should have known Maria would get tired sooner or later and force her down to deal with the problem. And not for the first time during these two days, Skye finds herself regretting that they had not have had this conversation when May was still in the building.

"Shit."

She tried to keep her voice low when letting her small curse slip out.

"Language."

Skye looks at Steve, feeling her eyes grow out of surprised at his comment, with a quick glance around the room, Skye sees she's not the only one.

"Good, now that you are here, we can start."

Maria takes the lead, deciding to ignore the comment Steve had done. However, there was one person in the room that wasn't going to let it slide, however.

"Wait a second. No one else is goanna deal with the fact that cap just said language?"

Tony asks, leaning forwards where he's sitting to look at the rest of his team.

"I know, just slipped out."

Steve answered, head being lowered in defeat. Looking towards Maria, Skye could see that she is starting to get annoyed with the conversation. Giving her a small smile, Skye places her beside Maria. There is no turning back, and this had to be done sooner or later, before she knows that there will soon be calls from the rest of them.

"Alright, enough. Maria and I have something very important to tell you all."

Skye pulls the attention back to her once more, only to feel how she's starting to grow worried. Feeling a hand on her shoulder, she's happy once more that she had Maria around.

"And for gosh sake, watch your language."

Tony comments with a smug grin, making the rest of the team smile.

"That's not going any time soon."

A deep sigh was heard from Steve, making all of them laugh. Feeling that she's starting to relax once more, Skye takes in a deep.

"Alright, now that we have gotten over the fact that Steve will tell us to watch our language whenever we curse."

Skye points out, making the group laugh once more, even Steve joins in this time around. With a look towards Maria, she could see that the older agent is thinking the same thing that she is.

"Coulson is alive."

In this moment it was just easier to drop the news, instead of building up a case. The reaction was instant, the laughter stops within seconds, all eyes on her and Maria. Looking at the Avengers team and Pepper, Skye can see the different emotion going through their eyes, anger being the most common one. Seeing all the anger, Skye takes a step back out of reflex.

"WHAT!"

Tony managed to pull himself together first and he even rose from his seat. Seeing how her oldest friend react, Pepper pulls herself together and grabs hold of his arm to hold him back. Seeing Tony's reaction, Skye fights the urge to hide behind Maria. Maria took this moment too start to explain what happened that day, what went down after the attack in New York.

"The reason as to why neither of you, nor anyone belove Level 7 were inform that Coulson were still alive, is quite simple. What he had to go through, was still in testing and we weren't sure what the side effects would be. We still don't know what they are. Fury didn't want to try and find out what they were. So, he sent Coulson to Tahiti for some recharging before giving him a mobile unite. Making sure to keep him away from things that would be able to trigger memories from what went down in New York. Fury believed that if he were to end up face to face with you all, it would trigger his memories to fast."

Looking at Maria, Skye takes in every single word she's saying. She also compares this information from the little information she had been told and she knew that someone is lying, she just couldn't figure out who or if it was just a simple fact that neither Maria or Fury really knew what had been going down on the BUS and after HYDRA showed their ugly faces.

"Only Fury, myself and the head doctor knows what went down that day. Agent May was pulled out of administration, told what she needed to know and was put on the mobile unit, to keep a close eye and report back if Coulson was starting to show any symptoms of a side effect."

Maria continues and there it was, the reason as to why Skye had a feeling someone is laying. May hadn't told Maria or Fury exactly what she knew or what is going on. And Skye wasn't surprised over this, May always did her best to protect her team. She herself was a good example of this, she had gone through a lot to get her into surgery and find a place where she can take it easy and heal up.

Looking towards the Avengers, Skye could see many emotions going through their eyes. The anger had gone down, pity and worry were not the strongest emotion among the people. And she could understand them, if she had been where they are now, being told that a close friend they thought were dead, a friend they had mourned over were in fact out there alive and well, she wouldn't have taken it good either.

"Trust me, he wanted to contact you all. On so many occasions, but Maria, May and I are giving you all an upper hand right now."

Skye speaks up, the Avengers and Pepper turning their attention towards her.

"Coulson doesn't know I'm here right now. May told him I'm out on an off-book mission and only she and Fitz can contact me now. That means, when I'm all healed up and ready, I need you guys to take me back to the base. You will be able to just show up, wave a hand and telling a very confused Coulson you already knew he was alive."

She explains, hopping that they would accept this condition. There wasn't much she could do to stop them if they wanted to go and haunt down Coulson right now, and from the look if it, more than half of them wanted just that.

"He doesn't know about your sickness?"

Pepper asks and Skye shakes her head, happy that someone is keeping their head cool.

"He would freak out if he knew about the tumor. He sees her as a daughter, and he has already gone through fire twice to save and protect her. It will destroy him if he were to find out now, especially when building up a new S.H.I.E.L.D is already taking much out of him."

Maria takes a step forward, ready to explain further if needed, at the same time trying to keep the super team in line.

"Just imagine being able to completely put Agent Phil Coulson in shock while walking down the corridors of new S.H.I.E.L.D when the time is right."

Turning her attention towards Tony as she spoke, Skye hopped that the rumors about him and loving a good surprise and prank would be true. The shift in his eyes told her it was.

"Fine, but we are not done talking about this!"

Tony finally says, pointing a finger towards Maria, eyes narrowed. Letting out a sigh of relief, Skye could feel how she's starting to grow tired once more.

"Come on! You need to rest!"

To Skye's surprise, it had been Natasha who had spoken up and the red-haired assassin was beside her in no time. Knowing fully well she wouldn't be able to argue her way out of this one, she let Natasha lead her towards the elevator once more.

At least it had gone somewhat alright.