Leo Fitz

"Make sure to at least stay out of trouble, don't let them talk you into something stupid."

He could hear how Skye laugh slightly as he hugged her, he was really going to miss have her hanging around in the lab. He had grown quite use to it after all and it would take some time to get back to normal once more. Releasing the hug, Leo takes her in properly. He could see that she was still slightly tired; she was however finally starting to look better, and he knew she needed the time away. If she could do this, he would be able to handle the others, after all; he and May would be leaving Skye alone with the Avengers.

"Oh, I think I will be able to handle them."

She comments with a wave of her hand, and he rolls his eyes.

"Promise me that you will try and open up to the others? Don't lock your up in the lab again once you get back."

She then adds, turning serious once more.

"They are all idiots."

"Fitz!"

The sudden laughter in her voice made him smile, he had not heard that one properly for a long time now and he finally relaxes. Now he was sure she would be doing fine.

"Well-meaning idiots."

"I can't really say anything against that so yeah, well-meaning idiots that want you around. So please, for me."

"You know that was a low one."

He tried to look annoyed, he really did. But with the grin Skye was having in that moment it was a hard battle that he gladly lost. Shaking his head in defeat, he feels how Skye grabs hold of his arm before pulling him back into a tight hug once more.

"Make sure to call me as often as possible."

She speaks in a low voice, making Leo hug her closer.

"I will, if you will promise the same."

"Absolutely, who else would I talk about all the weird stuff this group will end up in?"

Her light and humorous voice back once more, he could however detect something else in it too.

"Just, come up with a good reason as to why you need to come and visit me too from time to time."

She adds, and the seriousness was back in her voice once more. She had really come far from the girl they had picked up from her van. She may try to deny it, but the training with May had turned her more into her SO than she would admit. Especially in moments like that, he knew however that she would be falling into her old routines and habits the moment he and May have left the building.

"I'm sure May and I can figure something out."

"We can figure out what?"

Within seconds, he, and Skye steps away from one another, breaking the hug only to see that May and Hill had somehow walked up to them. Swallowing down the lump that had somehow been created in his throat now, Leo tries to come up with a good explanation to what they had been talking about in a low voice.

"To find a way to come and visit me from time to time."

Skye answered before he even had the chance to do so, which makes Leo feel a bit better. He knew however that he would be spending a long car ride with May in a few minutes so he really should try and get use to this sort of things by now.

"We will make sure to come and visit as often as we can, don't worry about that."

The calm and collected voice coming from May made Leo look at her properly. Ever since she had learned about Skye being sick, he had come to see a whole new side of her. Sure, he had seen the video tape of what she had done to Ian Quinn after they learned that the hospital couldn't save Skye. Seeing how Skye smile and carefully steps forwards, May lets the former Hacktivist hug her and she hugs her back. Leo must blink a few times just to be sure that he is seeing right, but once he is sure, he starts to smile.

"Now..."

May starts to say once she breaks the hug a few seconds later and Leo could see how Skye rolls her eyes.

"Rest as much as possible, don't let the Avengers talk you into doing something stupid and follow the doctor's orders."

She finishes of for her SO and he smiles, May's own answer was to narrow her eyes, but he could still see a hint of spark in her eyes at least. When she finally turns her attention back to him, Leo can feel how he tense up for a few seconds before telling himself to relax.

"Ready to go?"

"No, but we should."

Turning his attention to Skye one last time he smiles.

"Remember what I told you."

"As long as you keep your own promise."

With a final hug, he grabs hold of his bag and starts to follow May towards the elevator. The ride down and to the car was a silent one and so was most of the ride to the base. As they were starting to get closer, he started to grow more worried over all of it.

"What will we do now?"

"You will head back to the lab and just act as normal; I will handle Coulson and make sure that he doesn't ask you any questions. But if he should start to ask or any of the others would, just tell them you have orders from me not to tell anything."

May answered and he nods his head, letting silence fall once more.

"Are you going to tell him where Skye is or is that going to be kept a secret?"

"He will not learn about the where abouts of Skye or the fact that we had to take her to a hospital. The Avengers on the other hand will learn that Coulson is alive."

Looking at her with large eyes, Leo couldn't believe what she had just told him. One part of him was feeling sorry for Skye for having to tell them all that the man they had been looking up to and mourned was in fact still alive. The other part of him kind of wanted to be there to see their reaction. He guesses he would have to ask her how it all went once he calls her later that night.