Maria Hill

The moment she had entered the kitchen, Maria come to realise that the group of Avengers have already moved to another one. Taking a deep breath and rolling her eyes, she should have seen this coming.

"Jarvis, where are they?"

"In the common room, arguing over something."

The system tells her, and Maria rolls her eyes, and that was yet another thing that didn't surprise her. Heading for the common room, she can hear the group arguing the closer she gets. As she enters the room, she can see that Thor is the angriest one, hearing him demanding that they take him to what ever it is he wants to see.

Taking in the room properly, it's Thor and Tony standing off against one another. Natasha, Clint and Steve are standing to the side, watching the argument like a ping pong match. Looking to the right, her eyes lands on Bruce and she can see a hint of green in his skin and she didn't like that.

"ALRIGHT! THAT'S ENOUGH!"

She calls out, making the Avengers turn to look at her. With a deep breath, Maria crosses her arms, eyes narrowed she pulls the old deputy director persona, and she can see that both Natasha and Clint steps slightly back. The two of them knows very well how scary she can get when she really wants too.

"Bruce, I would recommend that you head down to the lab and cool off. We can't afford to have the Hulk going on a rampage around here."

She tells him, seeing how Bruce nods his head, the man turns around and heads for the elevator that will take him down to the lab. With a deep breath, Maria collects herself and turns her attention back to the next problem in the room, Thor and Tony. If she would think that anyone would end up picking a fight with Tony that day it would be herself, Natasha or Pepper, seeing him arguing with Thor is a complete surprise.

"Alright, now what is going on here. Because I do not like that fact that Bruce was turning green. For your sake I hope you two have a very good explanation."

She says, looking at Tony and Thor with narrowed eyes.

"You are hiding a dangerous weapon that has to be destroyed."

Thor is the first one to speak up and Maria can see how Tony rolls his eyes at this.

"For the last time, we are not hiding any weapons and we haven't picked any weapons either!"

Tony says, Maria can hear that Tony have said this line far too many times already, it being clear that he has grown tired of it. And since he is dealing with Thor, Maria can understand that.

"I can feel the energy in the building, it is here!"

Thor replies, turning his attention back towards Tony once more. Turning her own attention towards Natasha, Clint and Steve, she can see how Natasha shrug and Clint and Steve seemed to be as confused over what Thor is talking about, meaning the God of thunder haven't fully told them what this weapon is and if he and Tony are going to argue like this it will take for ever for them to find something out.

"Will the two of you knock it off. Thor, as you might understand or not, we have no idea of what you are even talking about. So how about to actually tell us what kind of weapon you think we are hiding in here."

Maria says, feeling a headache forming form all this and she is happy that she decided to force Skye to take a shower, this wouldn't be a fun first-time meeting for her.

"You have a Kree weapon within the building, a weapon that shouldn't even be here, a weapon created to help the Kree to win their war. We thought we had taken care of every single one of them, apparently not since we got the news about a weapon being active here on Midgard."

Thor finally starts to explain, and Maria can hear how Natasha mumbles we to Clint and from the corner of her eye, she can see it's Clint's turn to shrug.

"For the last time, we haven't picked up any weapons. Last weapon we found was left with S.H.I.E.L.D before HYDRA decided to step into the light."

Tony speaks up once more, making Thor turn his attention back to him once more. Seeing how Thor is about to open his moth once more, Maria takes a deep breath, she needs to put a stop to all of this and that is now.

"Thor, can you give us any more information, what does the weapon look like. Maybe we have something here we didn't even realise is a weapon from older time, something Tony might have picked up thinking it's junk and was going to try and use for something else."

Maria says, getting Thor attention once more, she didn't miss the look she gets from Tony at her comment, but this is something she can deal with later. Before Thor has a chance to answer her, Maria can hear the elevator door open behind her. Turning her head slightly to the side, Maria already knows who has entered the room, but in this moment, she really wishes it was Pepper returning home.

Her eyes however lands on Skye and she can see the confusion on the S.H.I.E.L.D agent's eyes at what is going on in front of her and Maria can't really blame her. She herself had been confused when she had entered. She's about to say hello when from the corner of her eye, she can see how Thor lifts his hammer, pointing it towards Skye. She can see the anger and how his powers are starting to show. Before she has a second to think, Maria finds herself standing in between Skye and the God of thunder.

"You lay one finger on her, and I will let the Hulk do the same thing he did to your brother during the battle of New York."

She can hear herself say, eyes narrowed as she looks at Thor, challenging him to make another move.

"I would recommend you too step away from the weapon Lady of the Hill, it has to be destroyed."

Thor speaks and Maria can feel anger shoot through her body, and she starts to tremble because of it. When she hears something break in the distance, she realises that it's not just her anger that is making her shake and she quickly turns around, her eyes landing on a worked-up Skye who is slowly backing away, fear shining in her eyes.

"Skye."

Maria speaks in a soft voice, trying to get her attention, to try and get the girl to focus on something that isn't Thor or her own powers at the moment. As she takes a careful step towards Skye, the former hacktivist and agent steps back, and Maria can fully see how she is trying to gain control over the situation but failing, making the fear in her eyes grow even bigger.

Her back, completely turned towards Thor now, can hear how he moves forwards. But she can also hear and feel how someone else places themselves between her and Thor and with a quick look over her shoulder she sees that it is Natasha and Clint, Steve and Tony are standing towards the side, ready to jump in if needed.

The fact that the Avengers are ready to fight one of their own just to protect a single person strikes Maria as amazing. Skye has managed to warm herself into everyone's heart in this tower and it hurts that she doesn't realise this. Turning her attention back to Skye once more, Maria feels how her eyes grow big. She has no idea of where the gun had come from, but the moment Maria sees how Skye aims at herself with it, she reaches out to grab it. Only to be to late, Skye pulls the trigger, and a silence falls over the room as her body drops to the floor.

Thanking her years of being an agent, Maria managed to catch Skye before she hits the floor, blue veins showing on her face.

"Skye."

Skye's names slip through her lips as she hugs the woman close to her, fear of what could have really happen hitting harder than she would have thought.