Leo Fitz

Leo isn't a happy camper in this moment. Not long after Skye had taken the Avengers and Maria to the BUS, May sent him to his room. Granted, she did it because he knows she could see that he was about to lose it. The moment Skye left the room, Jemma had started to question the last things that had been talking about and Leo couldn't help but to grow angry. This whole day have reminded him of the time after he woke up from the coma, about the days he and Jemma would argue every moment they were left alone.

During the time Skye was with the Avengers, healing from the operation, they had managed to patch things up and things had slowly started to go back to normal once more. But now, now it was back to square one only because he is trying to protect his sister and her wishes. He could have so easily have told them all right there and then, but he knows very well that if Skye wants them to know she will tell them herself.

The only reason as to why he had taken over explaining to Coulson is because he knew Skye wasn't able to and she needed to tell him, they had been pushing that conversation forwards for long after all. He was quite happy that May sent him to his room is he was quite honest with himself. It meant he could hide away and try and set things up for the morning. Once he was sure the rest of the base is asleep, he leaves his room and heads for the lab. He had tried to get some sleep, but he wasn't able to.

He was tempted to head for the BUS to see if Tony is still awake at this time but remembering what May had told them before they left the room, he decided that it would be a bad idea. Him and Tony on the BUS means they will start tempering with the BUS and May would have their heads. So, he decides that heading for the lab in the base instead will be enough for now.

He is deep in work when a hand is being placed on his shoulder, jumping and turning around, his eyes lands on Skye. Blinking a few times, he turns his head towards the side to check the time. It was early, far earlier than he would have expected her to show up if he was honest. He would have expected Maria to take Skye here just to make sure she would be doing her tests.

"You are up early."

She comments and Leo rolls his eyes, turning his attention back to his work once more.

"Or you didn't go to sleep."

Skye adds and Leo nods his head at this, and he knows fully well that Skye is rolling her eyes at this. Closing what he was working on, Leo turns towards her once more and he can see that something is wrong.

"Do you want to talk first, or do it once we are done with the tests?"

He asks and seeing how Skye looks at him out of surprise, Leo shakes his head.

"Please, Skye. I know when something is wrong with you."

He says and this time Skye shakes her head, seeing how she takes a deep breath, she takes a seat.

"It's not much so we can take this conversation as you do the tests you need."

Skye tells him and Leo nods his head, rising from his chair and walking over to the wall to grab what he needs.

"Well then, what happened?"

He asks as he looks through the drawers for everything.

"Me and Maria was just woken up by a surprise visitor."

Skye starts to tell him, and hearing what she is saying, he turns his head to look at her, lifting one eyebrow at the progress.

"Oh, don't start now Leo."

Skey tells him when she realises what he was thinking, and Leo can't help but to chuckle slightly. So, whoever visit them isn't bad enough, at least Skye can still joke around. Grabbing the last few things that he needs; he joins Skye's side once more and she pulls up her sleeve so he can start to work.

"So, this surprise visitor?"

He asks and hears Skye sigh as he starts to prepare to take Skye's blood.

"We have a former director hiding on the BUS at the moment."

He hears Maria speak up and turning his head, he sees the former Deputy Director standing in the door opening. Leo can feel how his eyes grow at this information and turning his head towards Skye, he sees how his sister nods her head.

"I didn't see that coming."

He says and continues to work once more.

"I was witing for him to show up, thought it would have been earlier if I'm honest."

Skye says and Leo looks at her with a raised eyebrow, seeing movements from the corner of his eyes, he sees that Maria enters the lab fully and places her beside Skye, her arms crossed.

"So, where is he now then?"

"We made him wait in my bunk on the BUS until everyone else is awake."

Skye tells him and Leo lifts his head at this, and he can see an uncertainty in her and Maria's eyes and he wounders what else he has missed in the conversation the three of them must have had. But knowing Skye, he will learn about it all later, and for some reason he has a feeling everyone in the building will. Shaking his head, he finishes his work before taking a step back.

"Alright, to the machine with ya."

He says and he can see how Skye rolls her eyes, she does however rise for her chair. The three of them heads deeper into the lab, only for Skye to come to a stop as their eye's lands on the machine.

"I never thought I would have to use that thing again."

Skye comments and Leo nods his head, she wasn't the only one that thought that.

"I guess I do not need to tell you what to do right?"

Leo asks and he can see how Skye rolls her eyes and he can also hear Maria laugh slightly at his comment.

"Just get going!"

He tells Skye who does follow his order. Leading Maria into the next room, Leo starts the progress up and when he sees that Skye has placed herself, he gets a feeling of déjà vu over it all. Shaking the feeling away, Leo starts the machine up and they wait. As the new x-ray starts to load on the screen, Leo leans forwards to get a closer look.

"Please tell me there is no new tumour this time around."

Skye comments as she enters the room and Leo rolls his eyes.

"A tumour!"