Leo Fitz

Everything had gone completely downhill from that moment on. If he had known all of this was waiting for them the next day, he would have made sure to drag out the movie night for as long as he possibly could. But there never was a stopping Coulson or Skye once they have put their mind to something, and both of them wanted answers for the writing on the wall. All he knows is that writing only brought them more trouble than it was worth, and now, now his sister is in more danger than he ever thought would be possible.

And the fact that he hadn't handle the whole situation well either makes it all worse. But he had been scared, everything he had learned scared and confused him. He should have known better than to confront Skye in that moment, he should have waited until he had calmed down enough to have a clear head in it all. All it had done was to create more stress for her, and he already knew how much she had been in before that, he had heard the conversation she had have with Simmons.

And then he had run, when her powers took out the lamp in the glass box he had just run away, like a coward. But running away has given him the best opportunity he could ever think of, there's only one thing that can be done now and he has no time to waste. Pulling out his phone, he scrolls through the contact list before finding the right person. Looking around himself, he makes sure he is alone in the lab before he makes the call.

"Hill."

He can hear how bored she is when she picks up his call, the fact that she answers the call like this goes to show that she didn't even look who is calling.

"Maria, it's me."

He says, keeping his voice low just in case someone would walk past the lab.

"Leo? What's up? Everything alright?"

"No, I need you to come to the meeting spot as quickly as possible. You need to pick up Skye and get her out of here, she's not safe in the base at the moment."

He quickly explains, moving over to the computer that is running Skye's blood. Seeing the changes in it, he starts to work, there's no way he will let anyone else see this. At least no one inside of the base.

"Why? What is going on Leo?"

"Just get here as fast as possible, I will send a tablet with Skye. Everything you need to know will be on it. The base and the team aren't stable enough at the moment and I'm afraid something will happen to Skye; I can't go through what happened last time once more."

He quickly explained, knowing fully well that he should go deeper into what is going on, but the fact that anyone will be able walk in on this conversation at any time, makes him worried for his sister's safety.

"I'll get Natasha to drive me, and I hope that you will give us proper information about all of this."

Is the answer he gets from Maria before the line goes dead. Letting out a sigh of relief, Leo makes sure to fix up the last few things that is needed before he turns and heads for the part of the lab where Skye is being held.

"Are you bleeding?"

Hearing the question, and hearing worry in her voice as she asked the question. Leo comes to a stop; he had completely forgotten about May. This was bad, very, very bad. With a deep breath, he tries to calm himself down. He has decided; he can always tell May later when he is sure it's only the two of them around.

"We should have your DNA results back any minute now."

Hearing Simmons voice, he can't help but to feel anger growing in him.

"Once we know there's nothing wrong, we'll have you out of there. Something's wrong?"

He can hear in her voice that she hadn't realised something was wrong, that something was going on that she had just walked in on.