Sarah

"I'm your new tablemate," a voice said from behind me.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked. 

  "Sheila. I'm a friend of the Hacker brothers," the woman smiled while giving me a pressing look. 

  I turned to Kiara, who frowned in return. I remembered Vinnie telling us not to tell anyone about them if they asked. Besides, how were we sure if this woman even knew Vinnie. And Vinnie had a brother?

  "Vinnie's in the cafeteria, wearing a black hoodie. I have no idea who 'Niklaus' is," I told her, not giving a crap about what Vinnie had said. He should have never pushed me away; none of them should have. 

  I wasn't thinking straight when I responded; I replied because I was angry at them and they deserved this. She thanked me as she walked off and out of the library. 

  "What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you tell her that-"

  "I was mad, okay? God, I shouldn't have said that!" I cried, throwing my hands up in exasperation.  I had no idea what I thought when I did that; if Vinnie found out, I'd be dead. 

  "We have to tell him that someone's looking for him," Kiara started as she rose from her chair. I shook my head. I couldn't face him anyway; this would only make it worse.

  "Maybe it's nothing," I tried convincing myself. Maybe she really did know him. Maybe he was dramatic. Maybe he's just an ass. 

  "Let's get to class," I dragged Kiara out of the library. We headed downstairs, only to realise we had history, which meant Vinnie was there too. Crap.

  "Can I switch with Louis?" I asked Kiara as I explained my situation. She looked sympathetically at me; we both knew Mr Walsh would not let us switch seats. I groaned. Why is the one person who didn't want anything to do with me always around me?

  I pushed open the door, avoiding eye contact with anyone till I got to my seat. I dropped my bag, which was how I came to know that I was sitting alone. Vinnie wasn't there. I was so confused. 

  "Yes, Miss Eddy?" Mr Walsh asked as he came to my seat to answer my raised hand.

  "Where's Vinnie?" I asked. "We need him for the project," I added quickly so it wouldn't be too suspicious.

  "He's at the back, said he wanted to sit there."

  "I'm your new tablemate," a voice said from behind me.

  I turned, and this boy, about Vinnie's height and build, sat down beside me. Josh, Vinnie's best friend. 

  "Don't miss him too much; this is temporary," he said. "I think," he added, looking unsure.

  I was conflicted. Josh was just as attractive as Vinnie, maybe even more since he paid attention to me. Maybe I could make Vinnie jealous. 

  I turned to Josh, smiling. "Who said I missed him?" 

  He smirked back. Ew, I thought to myself, did he seriously think he had a chance with me? I turned my head, facing Kiara, blushing a little. I could see Kiara was confused, but that was not my intention. I wanted Vinnie to see me, smile and blush. Sure enough, even though my eyes were focused on Kiara, I could see Vinnie frowning. 

  "Sorry to disturb your class Mr Walsh but Mr Hacker is needed in the principal's office," a female teacher said, bursting through our door. Vinnie got up, heading towards the door with confusion plastered on his face. On his way out, I noticed him texting someone. It wasn't until he had left the classroom that I got his text. 

  "Who did you tell?" Read the text.