Sarah

"I can become human."

I didn't realise how famished I was until the boys walked in, pizza in their hands. I think we were happier to see the pizza rather than the boys. 

  Kiara handed out plates while we sat around taking our slices, satisfied with the turn of events. I was halfway through my second slice when Vinnie sat down beside me, a funny look on his face. 

  "Don't tell me killing Sheila made you lose your appetite," I joked. He chuckled in response. I noticed how half-hearted that was. 

  "I need to talk to you privately," he said earnestly. I nodded, swallowing my pizza. "Also, pizza tastes even more delicious with justice served." 

  We laughed, genuinely this time. Even then, I had hoped things were done differently. I wanted to have a funeral for her or get her some flowers. I also wanted to tell my parents about Sheila but chose not to since I'd have to leave out tons of details- her being a vampire-werewolf hybrid being the main one.

  It didn't take long for us to finish every last slice of the pizza, and when we did, we settled down for the movie. We chose to watch twilight, it was appropriate, given the situation mainly because Alyssa was in love with Edward Cullen, much to Dylan's disapproval. 

  "I may not have a sparkly body, but I have a nice six-pack," he said defensively when Alyssa pointed out the reasons why she loved Edward. They were a cute couple, something I'd hope to be with Vinnie.

  I glanced over at him. His eyes were focused on the tv screen. Since the two couples insisted on sitting with each other and Klaus just wanted the bed all to himself, Vinnie and I sat together, a little distance between us to avoid any awkwardness. 

  "Wanna talk outside for a bit?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts. 

  I nodded and followed him out, Louis' kissy noises fading away. I rolled my eyes, he could not stop teasing us. 

  Once we were out of earshot of the vampires in Alyssa's room, Vinnie turned to face me, taking my hands in his. I knew we'd done this a couple of times already but his touch sent shivers down my spine and every nerve in my body began tingling. 

  "I really like you, Sarah. You changed me for the better. Nobody understands me like you do, and in you, I see my future," he confessed. 

  My eyes widened, and my cheeks flared up. 

  "I know you might think we might not be suited for each other since, you know," he points at us. 

  I understood immediately. He meant our difference, our noticeable difference. 

  "You changed my life. When you walked in through those doors in school, my heart stopped. I'd never felt that way about a girl, but you, you're special. Your presence makes my whole life brighter, your smile makes my heart go soft and around you, I feel warm," he continued. 

  My heart was racing against my chest. 

  "If my being a vampire is an issue, I can change that," he concluded softly. 

  What? 

  I looked at him, questioning what he just said. "How?" I asked.

  Was he going to ask me to become a vampire? I wouldn't have minded in fairness, but that wasn't the point. 

  "Klaus gave me a cure for vampirism," he started. "I can become human."

  When his words sank in, I exhaled the air I'd held in without realising. Was this possible?