08 | ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴀʟ

RAIN POURED DOWN FROM THE SKY, creating a fog where it'd be slightly difficult to see

RAIN POURED DOWN FROM THE SKY, creating a fog where it'd be slightly difficult to see. The wind strongly blowing their hoods and loose parts of their hair. Droplets of water came raining down onto the scouts who were still outside of the walls.

It was difficult to locate the area freely and to spot any rampaging titans around the place. Only the sounds of the roaring rain and the horse's gallops were heard by most of the scouts.

"Erwin..." Commander Shadis called out to the squad leader, "...shouldn't we reduce our speed?"

"Yes, though I'd like to get away from this open area as soon as possible." He replied before shooting out a green flare to his right, indicating that they're changing the formation a bit. The rest of the scouts followed.

Meanwhile, Levi, Isabel, and Furlan were closely following behind the scouts, still keeping their distance close to each other. "I didn't know rain could be this heavy..." Isabel told her other two friends.

"Me neither. We won't be able to see any titans before it's too late." Furlan agreed.

"This is our chance. We'll use this rain as cover and get close to Erwin." Levi told them both, causing the two to widen their eyes in surprise.

"Levi...!"
"Are we really going for it, brother?" Isabel questioned.

"Yeah. But it'd be suspicious if all three of us were to break away at once. I'll go alone." Levi stated. Furlan furrowed his eyebrows, but he knows that what the raven-haired male was saying is true. And so, he had no choice but to agree otherwise. "True, it's probably best not to carelessly move around."

"Alright, fine. We're counting on you, brother! Go and secure our surface citizenship!" Isabel agreed, smiling.

"If anyone asks, tell them I went to survey the terrain." Levi told them.

"Got it!" Furlan replied. Levi nodded and galloped to where Erwin's squad was. He took one last glance behind him, seeing Isabel waving at him with Furlan beside her.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Luna and her co-scouts were trying to make their way back to the walls. Although, they paused when they heard a sudden flare in the distance. Luna glanced behind, seeing as that's where the sound came from. She squinted her eyes, trying to see what color flare had just been released.